'03 450, Check Oil Idling??

4 replies to this topic
  • bartonmd

Posted December 01, 2006 - 04:54 AM

OK, so I searched and didn't find the exact answer I was looking for...

I have a buddy's '03 YZ450F in my garage, and changed the oil in it (yes, did both drain plugs, and kicked the engine over a few times with the plugs out), and put 1000cc's of oil back in it, and the level is gnat's ass perfect on the dipstick when it's idling, but goes down to the bottom of the dip stick when it's shut off... (engine was not COMPLETELY warm yet)

So, how do you check the oil in this? Idling, or what?

Thanks,
Mike

• scottbob99

Posted December 01, 2006 - 05:23 AM

My manual says to run the engine until warm, then check it with the engine off. If you search there is manuals you can download.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bartonmd

Posted December 01, 2006 - 06:21 AM

My manual says to run the engine until warm, then check it with the engine off. If you search there is manuals you can download.

I searched and found the link to the thumperfaq.com manuals page, but it says I don't have permission to download it...

Mike

• grayracer513

Posted December 01, 2006 - 09:24 AM

These are in 3 languages, and many aren't printable, but it's free, and better than nothing.

http://www.yamahaown...ook.com.au/?r=0

• bartonmd

Posted December 01, 2006 - 09:40 AM

These are in 3 languages, and many aren't printable, but it's free, and better than nothing.

http://www.yamahaown...ook.com.au/?r=0

Perfect! Thanks!

Mike

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.