which slip on for 06 yz450?

8 replies to this topic
  • gawarrior

Posted November 30, 2006 - 06:58 PM

Reason I say slip on is because the stock ti header seems to be pretty good and I can't see a full system being that much different than just a slip on...but please correct me if I am wrong.

So, which slip on it making the most power improvements?

Thanks, and this is for a yz450 supermoto bike.

• TapptOut

Posted November 30, 2006 - 08:15 PM

Probably the Carbon Pro 2 from White Brothers

Posted December 01, 2006 - 08:22 AM

If it's for a supermoto bike I would go with the Graves system. They are a Yamaha team in Roadracing and SM, so I'm sure Chuck Graves did his home work when it comes to making the exhausts perform.

• gawarrior

Posted December 01, 2006 - 02:26 PM

Probably the Carbon Pro 2 from White Brothers

I was thinking about it but they don't make teh Carbon Pro in a slip on.

If it's for a supermoto bike I would go with the Graves system. They are a Yamaha team in Roadracing and SM, so I'm sure Chuck Graves did his home work when it comes to making the exhausts perform.

Yeah, that is actually the system I would chose since it if for supermoto but I was thinking slip on for now and Graves only offers a full system.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Drfletcherdc

Posted December 01, 2006 - 08:46 PM

I would go FMF 4.1 or White Brothers for the most improvement. However, I don't think you would notice and more improvement over the FMF Powercore that sells for a lot less.

• Baron Von Beard

Posted December 01, 2006 - 09:28 PM

Dave at MRD is custom making me a slip on that will tuck in nice and tight. I can't stand the big long muffler on my 06 so I talked to Dave and he's making a new jig to get the same length muffler to sit in nice and tight. Hopefully he'll have it done soon and have the new setup available in a week or two.

• gawarrior

Posted December 02, 2006 - 01:27 PM

thanks fellas.

any thoughts on full system over slip on? is my thinking correct on this??

• Dr.Crankenstien

Posted December 02, 2006 - 02:37 PM

Dave at MRD is custom making me a slip on that will tuck in nice and tight. I can't stand the big long muffler on my 06 so I talked to Dave and he's making a new jig to get the same length muffler to sit in nice and tight. Hopefully he'll have it done soon and have the new setup available in a week or two.

Where is MRD?
I too was looking for a muffler that does not stick out soooooo loooong

• BaconCRF

Posted December 02, 2006 - 04:26 PM

www.mrd-racing.com you CAN NOT go wrong with dave at MRD
dan

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • 1 review
  • Last review by Tommyk_55
  • On January 15, 2017
Forums
Photo

YZ450FX OR YZ450F by MESSMAKER

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  30 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  113 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.