2007 WR450's Are Here!

3 replies to this topic
  • joshbeene

Posted November 30, 2006 - 05:45 PM

I just went to my local dealer and checked out the 07 WR450. I did see one down in Baja during the Baja 1000 race a couple of weeks ago. The guy riding it flew his in from Japan, (Cheater). He had a IMS 3 gallon tank on it. He said all he had to do was remove the smog stuff, and buy the YZ Radiator Shrouds to make it fit. He was using the IMS Tank for the 2006 YZ450. I have a garage full of parts ready to put on ,and I will take notes on how to remove the Smog crud.

• Seabass

Posted November 30, 2006 - 08:15 PM

This thread is worthless without pics!! But seriously, I wonder if the WR's have a model specific shroud panels like a couple of years ago? Mebbe the Japanese models are different but I wonder why this guy in Baja had to change the shrouds when installing his IMS tank. I wonder what the diff is between an '06 vs 07 fuel tank from IMS is? Hmmmmmm:confused: So many unanswered questions about the '07's.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dangermouse007

Posted December 01, 2006 - 02:34 AM

I am 100% sure that the 06, 07 YZ an 07 WR rad shrouds are the same...looking at the pictures and seeing a YZ and WR 2007 side by side...I don't understand why he would have to change ???

I'll find out soon as I have bought 06 YZ plastics kit for my WR 07

• Hutch4x

Posted December 01, 2006 - 06:26 AM

I wonder what the diff is between an '06 vs 07 fuel tank from IMS is?

The 06' tank is the same as the 07' tank. They haven't changed. At least that's what IMS told me when I ordered mine up :D :worthy:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.