426 maitnece

8 replies to this topic
  • medicman

Posted November 30, 2006 - 12:50 PM

with a good manuel can all of the motor maintence be done by a semi novice mechanic? where did you guys learn to do valves and top end jobs?

• medicman

Posted November 30, 2006 - 12:53 PM

are those videos any good? i think ive seen them on here before, they go through step by step?

• YZ426F Rider

Posted November 30, 2006 - 03:14 PM

The short answer to your question is 'yes'. Also, doing all of your own work is a satisfying thing and makes you enjoy your rides even more.

Some things are trickier than others but if you follow the manual closely you should be okay. Having good tools for the job is a must. Take your time, follow the manual carefully and you will be fine.

Also, get familiar with the 'search' feature here on TT...most likely any question that you have has already been asked in this forum. If not, post up and somebody will be able to help you.

Happy wrenching! :worthy:

• medicman

Posted November 30, 2006 - 03:43 PM

thanks for the info, i would much rather do it myself than pay some one!:worthy:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YZ426F Rider

Posted November 30, 2006 - 04:14 PM

thanks for the info, i would much rather do it myself than pay some one!:worthy:

That's a big part of the reason I do most everything myself!

• 642MX

Posted November 30, 2006 - 04:44 PM

It is a good feeling to be able to do your own work. I enjoy it.

• Kyle Prior

Posted November 30, 2006 - 05:00 PM

Youll like doing all your own work. Get a Clymer's manual though, it helps big time. Itll even walk you through a complete engine rebuild..

• grayracer513

Posted November 30, 2006 - 09:32 PM

Everyone is different. I much prefer the factory manual to anything I've seen from Clymer's.

• 30-A rider

Posted December 01, 2006 - 12:14 PM

Everyone is different. I much prefer the factory manual to anything I've seen from Clymer's.

AGREED! Clymer or any other manual is very weak compared to a factory manual....especially if you can get the parts manual list shhet along with it!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.