FMF Q2 or White brothers E2 for 650R

7 replies to this topic
  • pgiinc

Posted November 30, 2006 - 12:40 PM

any pro's or con's on these two exhausts i am looking to replace my stock unit

• Thumper Don

Posted November 30, 2006 - 12:45 PM

You might check out the new FMF Q4 out this month. It is quieter than the Q2 and has better performance. Looks real sharp too!

• TeamEndo

Posted November 30, 2006 - 02:09 PM

I have the Q2 and I am pretty pleased. The bike sounds much better than stock without being overly loud. Got the full system on ebay for just over 4bills. Be warned if you go with the full option. The header for the left exhaust port wraps around and touches the bottom of the right radiator. Radiator won't mount up any higher. This also happens to be exactly where this pipe joins the right exhaust header so I had to bend or slightly crush both under heat to clearance the radiator then use heat resistant silicone to seal it, now it clears by only 1-2mm. Ok, i'm done venting now, it sounds and looks great now!

• jethro3645

Posted November 30, 2006 - 02:22 PM

I have a FMF Q with the Power Bomb hedder on my 650r, I have no clearance problems, It is very quiet compared to the stock muffler with the "Power-up" baffel, also pulls harder thru the entire r.p.m. range

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Billahjack

Posted November 30, 2006 - 07:21 PM

I only have a Powercore 4. Its loud. I also have the Powerbomb header. Beware, the Bomb section will melt your pants! I used header wrap to keep my pants from getting destroyed. The header wrap also helps shield the radiator from contact as TeamEndo mentioned. Also, you will lose a little bit on the low end....maybe 1 HP but you gain it back on the top end with the power bomb vs. stock header. My buddy has the Q and it has more of a "BRAP" farty noise on the low end where the Powercore 4 is a little mellower down low for noise.

Buy a $160 Hotcams Stage 1 cam instead and you will get a much bigger improvement than an exhaust pipe.

• pgiinc

Posted December 01, 2006 - 06:45 AM

I dont see that they make a Q4 for a 650R on fmf's site

• frankstr

Posted December 01, 2006 - 07:16 AM

FMF Q2....:worthy:

:D :prof:

• pgiinc

Posted December 01, 2006 - 10:19 AM

I just won this on ebay I think I got a good deal what do you think guys

Related Content

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  141 replies

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies

1993 XR600R rebuild by ove

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  40 replies

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.