New Handlebars

4 replies to this topic
  • WRoost

Posted December 27, 2001 - 06:17 PM

As some of you might have heard, I had a MAJOR get off last Wed. at Comp. Park. Ended up in the hospital for three days with a fractured pelvis, several broken ribs and a partially collapsed lung. All this after overshooting a double.Guess the YZ timing and removing the grey wire is to blame ;-) (Guess when your near 40 any excuse sounds good huh?)Anyway, I have 3 months before returning to work(according to the Doc) which gives me time to look for some replacement bars that I bent. (yep, that's all that broke!!)So if anyone could give me some advice on good bars for MX and desert for a rider 5'11" I would appreciate it!!

• *mike68*

Posted December 27, 2001 - 06:21 PM

Jimmy button highs

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • pesh

Posted December 27, 2001 - 10:41 PM

sorry to hear about the step off mate hope you get better soon take it easy :)

• blackie

Posted December 28, 2001 - 03:36 AM

I was looking at the Tag X5 handlebars only because I didn't want to buy an adapter or a new triple clamp to put on some Pro Tapers. Has anyone used the Tag handlebars with good success? If so, which bend is best for the WR geometry?

WRoost, I wish you the best with your recovery.

• CAL

Posted December 28, 2001 - 07:20 AM

How about some CR High Renthals or some CR High Pro Tapers. I have One set of each I would sell. The Renthals have about 10 rides on them, in perfect condition. I just bought the Pro Tapers used, and haven't installed them yet. The Pro Tapers come with a set of grips too. The Renthals have been narrowed 3/4" on each side.

I'm going to get some Woods High Pro I won't have to cut down these CR Highs.

$60 for the Renthals
$65 for the Pro Tapers

Plus shipping.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.