07 YZ450 Works Connection Radiator Braces

27 replies to this topic
  • Budlite

Posted December 05, 2006 - 01:45 PM

The Unabikers are like a combination of the Devol front guards with the Works Connection cage. It has 3 posts on the back instead of two that the WC has and 2 more posts that tie the cages on both sides together. It is definitely stonger than either of the other two. It also comes in a choice of colors.

• AZcrRider

Posted December 05, 2006 - 04:53 PM

AZcrrider... I have the Devol braces as well - are you having any problems getting your boot caught on the shroud?

I had to send mine back b/c the bracket that connects the shroud to the brace bent... and then the screws kept being ripped out b/c my boot would catch in a turn and then I'd pull my leg back and it would rip them right out... Other than that I like em b/c I don't want to buy a new rad when i bite it...

No problems with the boots getting stuck, although I have heard that is a problem in stock form? But I wear the pants that go over the boots, currently. I will have to try the regular pants ( tucked in ) and see what happens.

• JohnnyOfast

Posted December 16, 2006 - 07:03 AM

Anybody put the works connection cages on an '07 yet? I'm in the middle of it and it looks to me like you would have to completely remove each radiator and ditch the new small protectors yamaha built into the front of the radiator??

:thumbsup:

• whiteYZ

Posted December 16, 2006 - 07:31 AM

I have, you keep stock braces just need to trim down the louvers and tabas on back of shrouds. Will fit nice.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • markdav801

Posted February 20, 2007 - 11:44 PM

well, i completed the installation. overall i am very happy. as usual, i hate the "modifying" that is involved with aftermarket parts because im not the best custom fab guy. Cutting the louvers wasnt too bad but i took a lil too much off (about 1/4 inch) Other than that, all good.

What is a louvers?

• Ga426owner

Posted February 21, 2007 - 08:12 AM

What is a louvers?

the white plastic cooling fins infront of the radiators

I use these on my 06 and here they are for the 07

http://www.yamaha-mo...essoryId=366487

• markdav801

Posted February 21, 2007 - 10:03 AM

I have them on my '06 YZF 450 and my rads still look like new, they work is all I can say. I used a dremel tool to trim the ridge on the inside of the shroud that sits on the outside edge of the radiator so the shroud fits better and also had to modify the louvers (sp?) to fit over the rods. Also, I did not use the spacers that were included in the kit, allows the shroud to be closer to the louvers.

Does the upper part of the shroud (even after trimming) still rest on the cage? I dont recall if the radiator (before the WC cage) rested on the shroud... Not sure if that will melt the shroud, etc.

Thanks all!

• Mfinazzo

Posted February 22, 2007 - 07:48 AM

I too have the WC Cage on order along with their skid plate for my new 07 haven't ridden it yet because of snow and ice YZ450. The skid plate covers the front of the engine where the oil fill is located.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.