15 replies to this topic
  • 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted November 29, 2006 - 07:36 PM

GYTR™ Oval Aluminum Muffler

Posted Image

pros cons of it, its the cheapest one of the three

• Wasabi

Posted November 29, 2006 - 08:18 PM

I love WR450's with this pipe! It gives great boost power everywhere, bottom to top! Power is kinda linear, like it mimic's the stock power curve (from what I can remember!). Good top end rush, it doesn't let up.
Very fun to ride with this muffler indeed.

They are very good quality too.

Cons is that it is loud (~100+db loud) and you guy's don't like loud. You can get a silent insert, but I wouldn't bother with it, as what is the point of buying such a great muffler only to choke it down again?

• BlueBlood Rider

Posted November 29, 2006 - 08:18 PM

pros cons of it, its the cheapest one of the three

I have the carbon-fiber model on the YZ250F. It works pretty well if a bit loud, but if I hadn't gotten it for free I wouldn't have spent the money on the CF version. I managed to crack it almost in half in a routine crash.

• pkcof

Posted November 29, 2006 - 09:02 PM

great pipe - i have a similar one on my '05 and it's a noticable improvement over stock - it is also ~98db (which suits me) but this may be a consideration for you ?
when you say it's the 'cheapest option' << comparred to what ?

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted November 29, 2006 - 09:06 PM

great pipe - i have a similar one on my '05 and it's a noticable improvement over stock - it is also ~98db (which suits me) but this may be a consideration for you ?

to the other gytr pipes, the titanium and carbon ones.

the only other pipe i would consider would be the dr d pipe

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted November 29, 2006 - 09:30 PM

I had a carbon one on my 04 WR. It was awesome. Great power all the way through. I had it sound tested at 98db at 5500 rpm with the quiet cap, 100.3 (I think) with the regular cap.

• Wasabi

Posted November 29, 2006 - 10:57 PM

As 123BigcoopDawg576 says.... they don't get the GYT-R propower one like on your bike and my missus' bike!

• Beejay

Posted December 01, 2006 - 04:36 PM

I have the exact same fitted on mine, a noticable difference in mid to top end, & yes a bit noisy but I like noisy.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • electroman

Posted December 02, 2006 - 08:42 AM

Does this muffler work with the stock head pipe? Also would the gytr head pipe work with other slip ons or is it larger than the stock head pipe.:worthy:

• TWILES

Posted December 02, 2006 - 01:03 PM

I hate to burst a bubble but a lot of the gytr stuff for the steal framed WR's is discontinued. I think they are still showing the alluminum gytr muffler but thats it. I tried to get the gytr frame guards for my 05 and no longer available.

• Wasabi

Posted December 02, 2006 - 01:45 PM

Does this muffler work with the stock head pipe? Also would the gytr head pipe work with other slip ons or is it larger than the stock head pipe.:worthy:

The GYT-R oval muffler works with the stock head pipe. The OEM WR headpipe is the same as the YZF

the GYT-R head pipe "should" work with other slip-on's as it works with the GYT-R oval slip-on.

• Seabass

Posted December 02, 2006 - 07:21 PM

I hate to burst a bubble but a lot of the gytr stuff for the steal framed WR's is discontinued. I think they are still showing the alluminum gytr muffler but thats it. I tried to get the gytr frame guards for my 05 and no longer available.

This is one thing I do not get with the Japanese manufacturer's. Why don't they develop a better line of aftermarket parts? A buddy of mine recently bought a KTM and the KTM Hard Parts catalog is amazing. Once they get those bikes bullet proof I'll seriously consider buying orange.

• Wasabi

Posted December 02, 2006 - 07:28 PM

This is one thing I do not get with the Japanese manufacturer's. Why don't they develop a better line of aftermarket parts?

You guy's don't get 1/2 the stuff GYT-R make for Yamaha's, plus they have all the YRD stuff. All better than KTM "hard parts" which are just supplied from other manufacturers anyway.

• Seabass

Posted December 02, 2006 - 07:33 PM

You guy's don't get 1/2 the stuff GYT-R make for Yamaha's, plus they have all the YRD stuff. All better than KTM "hard parts" which are just supplied from other manufacturers anyway.

A move to Australia looks to be in order if I ever want decent GYT-R parts selection. Look for me at the airport....G'day mate!!

PS. Have you ever heard of "spit the winkle"?

• Wasabi

Posted December 02, 2006 - 10:36 PM

PS. Have you ever heard of "spit the winkle"?

The band or what it means? :worthy:

• griffithds

Posted December 05, 2006 - 10:50 AM

G/Day Mate: How about a E/mail address from down under of a parts house where GYTR parts can be ordered!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.