2.5 weight fork oil for Scotts Stabilizer?

4 replies to this topic
  • BIGGITY

Posted November 29, 2006 - 11:56 AM

Per Scotts this is the type of oil they use in their stabilizers and it's supposed to be changed every year. I can't seem to find 2.5 weight though. Either I'm internet search handicapped or it's just tough to find.

Anyone know where I can get some ordered? I have a race Dec 9th/10th and I need to get some fluid in the stabilizer before then because I cleaned out all the old oil already.

Thanks for your help fellow Piggy riders!:worthy:

• eastreich

Posted November 29, 2006 - 02:32 PM

Why don't you just get the fluid from Scotts?

http://www.scottsonl...-form.php#Fluid

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BIGGITY

Posted November 29, 2006 - 02:40 PM

That would make waaaaay to much sense. Told you I'm internet handicapped sometimes! Thanks:ride: :worthy:

• XR4DEZ

Posted November 29, 2006 - 07:59 PM

Fuchs makes it, it's labled Silkolene. Goes for about 20 bucks a liter.

• Jon-D

Posted November 29, 2006 - 08:40 PM

Use 5W fork oil, I use it all the time and it works good. If the unit does not damp enough, then use AFT fluid (~7W).

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.