Blue Bikes making a huge comeback

24 replies to this topic
  • huffster

Posted November 30, 2006 - 09:36 AM

I should have known Gray would post a link back to the CRF forum....Remember you only hear about the bad ones...and not the good ones ! :worthy:

• Drfletcherdc

Posted November 30, 2006 - 09:37 AM

Honda sales of the CRF-450 continue to hold about a 40% share of sales across the country according to the MIC data...Say what you want, but the Honda 450 is the best selling bike....PERIOD !

I've owned 2 YZF's, one was a turd and the other a good bike...MY 2003 CRF450 is still on stock piston and valves have never needed shimming or replacement...Not sure where all these rumors of "constant" rebuilding of the valve train come from. ???

I see a decent drop off for Honda with the new Yamis and Kawis out there. Check out Honda's factory team - there isn't one healthy enough to ride.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted November 30, 2006 - 10:54 AM

....Remember you only hear about the bad ones...and not the good ones ! :D

That's something you learn quickly in the repair trades. Once, I was asked to address the sales department at the Chevy dealer were I worked in a Q/A meeting regarding technical questions they had. This happened to be during a time while Chevrolet was having an unusually large number of transmission repairs done under warranty. I was asked what I thought of the new transmissions, and my answer was that I had to be careful to temper my response, because, "The only ones I get to see are broke."

Customer response cards are the same way. You know, the little prepaid (sometimes) "how are we doing?" survey cards you get sometimes? You only have to do something a little bit wrong to get a negative one back, but you have to really do things unexpectedly well to get somebody motivated enough to bother sending back a positive.

Which is something to consider when you have guys posting unsolicited threads about how reliable their YZF's have been. :worthy:

• cappy79

Posted November 30, 2006 - 07:56 PM

I was out at Canyon last week and there was still an awful lot of red out there, heck I still have one I' trying to sell? Liked my Honda but just feel at home on my Yamaha:ride:

• SaddleBackAgain

Posted November 30, 2006 - 08:19 PM

That's interesting, isn't it? I wonder how the powers that be decide where to throw their contingency monies :worthy:

Not that it matters for a +30 rider all that much :prof: lol

Come out and ride Vet-X in SoCal. Yamaha and Suzuki pay $100 to win a 40+ Novice race!...:D

Related Content

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.