Mileage per tank...

3 replies to this topic
  • rwhitlock

Posted January 16, 2001 - 01:09 PM

Has anyone clocked their mileage on a tankfull? My stock tank is 3.2 gallons, and just wondering (still lots of snow...) how far a person can go.

Also, if anyone has the stock YZ tank (2.1 gallons) how many miles per tank does that get.

I am mainly interested in trail riding rather than motocross riding, but would welcome any responses.

Thanks!

Rod

• Dave_VanBrocklin

Posted January 16, 2001 - 03:31 PM

I get about 50 to 60 miles of technical riding out of my stock YZ tank, I could go about 80 to 90 miles on my WR tank. It all depends on how much time you spend on the ground though!!

------------------
00 WZ400
01 Yamaha Raptor
99 Kawasaki ZRX1100
99 Yamaha Warrior

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rss

Posted January 16, 2001 - 04:37 PM

I live and ride down here in Louisiana and Mississippi where the trails are mostly flat. It is also at or near sea level. My bike is completely stock except for the Baja baffle kit on the exhaust. I get 35 miles per gallon if I don't ride hard. I ran in a Hare Scramble last week and I think I still got about 30 miles per gallon.

• fershy

Posted January 16, 2001 - 08:25 PM

I am good for about 10 km per Litre.
Your mileage may vary!
fershy

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.