need photos

7 replies to this topic
  • drtlvr

Posted November 28, 2006 - 03:35 PM

what does a xr650L look like with the clarke 4.7 gallon tank on it?
I have a 4gallon ims tank thats white and I'm redoing the bike and I'm going with a red tank.

thanks

• SniperTeamBravo

Posted November 29, 2006 - 07:49 AM

what does a xr650L look like with the clarke 4.7 gallon tank on it?
I have a 4gallon ims tank thats white and I'm redoing the bike and I'm going with a red tank.

thanks

I have an XR600R with the 5 gallon Clarke, which looks exactly like what an XR650L would look like with a 4.6 on it. give me your email address and Ill shoot you a pic or 2.

• jaredc28

Posted November 29, 2006 - 11:33 AM

93' xr650l

Here's mine, bought it a month ago. 4.7 gal clarke tank, 675 cc big bore, supertrapp exhaust, larger exhaust manifold, smog stuff removed.

http://i147.photobuc....rWallpaper.jpg

• R1-xr650-400

Posted November 29, 2006 - 01:21 PM

Here's a pic of me before I rode solo through Baja, and then Central America :worthy:

I got the clear tank so it's easier to see my fuel level. I don't really give a crap about looks.

Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • squatpuke

Posted November 29, 2006 - 02:22 PM

Here's a pic of me before I rode solo through Baja, and then Central America :worthy:

OMG ! !

Those Clarks have better range than I thought ! !

• R1-xr650-400

Posted November 29, 2006 - 02:47 PM

OMG ! !

Those Clarks have better range than I thought ! !

Lol.

The only part I had a problem with was crossing from the West Coast, to East Coast of Baja. There was a stretch that I was about to run out of gas, and had to buy some from some dude in a pickup truck. But I had octane booster in my backpack, so I just added that in ontop of it, and the bike ran fine.

Clarke 4.7 gallon for the win.

• zwxetlp

Posted November 29, 2006 - 06:51 PM

Lol.

The only part I had a problem with was crossing from the West Coast, to East Coast of Baja. There was a stretch that I was about to run out of gas, and had to buy some from some dude in a pickup truck. But I had octane booster in my backpack, so I just added that in ontop of it, and the bike ran fine.

Clarke 4.7 gallon for the win.

Do you know approx how many miles you get from a full tank? Are you running stock carb? I would like to figure how many miles between fill ups are required to do a trip like this.

Thanks.

• rcnutt

Posted November 29, 2006 - 07:08 PM

this is my buddy's 97 with a clarke 4.7
Posted Image
Posted Image

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.