I toured the Yamaha assembly plant

5 replies to this topic
  • Wyatt

Posted November 28, 2006 - 02:28 PM

I toured the Yamaha assembly plant and I saw them putting YZ450's together.

The first step was to get a FCR carb and then slip the airbox boot on it. They then built an entire motorcycle around it. :worthy:

If you missed the special on A&E last night, David Blaine and Chris Angel both attempted to get the airbox boot on the carb of a YZ450........they both failed. :D

Not really...

Before any of you post how to do it, I do know how, but it is nearly impossible without taking the top shock bolt loose. This is the only thing I hate about this bike after having owned 2 previous ones with steel frames. The carb is a bugger to get to.

BTW....I did slip in the new needle and gave my carb a cleaning. It seems pretty crisp, but it was before also. I haven't ridden it yet on the track.

• steve_97060

Posted November 28, 2006 - 05:32 PM

Surprisingly, the first time I removed the subframe a week ago I was dreading the re-install after hearing how hard it was supposed to be to get the carb in the boot. But it went on so easy, I had to spend 15 minutes trying to view it from every possible angle to just to make sure it was actually on correctly.

And since it is so tight and crowded around it you can't even see the whole area, I was still paranoid it didn't go on all the way..

• dewercs

Posted December 02, 2006 - 08:35 PM

i was also looking for like ten min to make sure it was all the way on, mine was real tight to start with, then i took a very small amount of wheel bearing grease and applied it to the rubber of the boot and it went on super easy

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jeffboyd47m

Posted December 02, 2006 - 08:53 PM

The hard part is to get it on easy every time, sometimes it is cake and sometimes it is a real bitch! Don`t ask me why.

• DPW

Posted December 02, 2006 - 09:33 PM

But it went on so easy, I had to spend 15 minutes trying to view it from every possible angle to just to make sure it was actually on correctly.

And since it is so tight and crowded around it you can't even see the whole area, I was still paranoid it didn't go on all the way..

LOL...I did the same thing

• SureBlue

Posted December 02, 2006 - 11:28 PM

I toured the Yamaha assembly plant and I saw them putting YZ450's together.

But you did not take pics like my friend did :D
Of course it was not allowed but hey, japs do the same everywhere.
Did you also see how they "broke in" the bikes?:worthy:
2007 WR:
Posted Image
Posted Image
2007 R1:
Posted Image

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.