Laughing At Myself (YZ450)

6 replies to this topic
  • Mikeee P

Posted November 28, 2006 - 12:30 AM

I see people already talking about hopping up their "07s" and things like that...

Laughing at myself because it's funny how time changes you - I used to have to have the latest bike, every year - the latest model. Now I just want to ride and have fun. I could care less what it is - I have a blast railing around on my little XR70!

I'm like a little kid because Eric Gorr just dropped off an "03" YZ450F with one of his big bore kits in it. Can't wait to ride it...

...and I'm super excited about this 470/480 whatever it is... and it's actually 5 model years old! LOL

I was actually quite surprised that I kickstarted it in 60 degree weather in sneakers - quite easily!

I guess the even funnier part (that stinks though) is I've been so busy working that I've had the bike now for over a week and haven't had a chance to actually ride it! Anticipation right?!!!

Mike

• biker t

Posted November 28, 2006 - 04:45 AM

Get on it and ride. get used to it first, big surprise on power deliverv. enjoy it. i have the RMZ450f. DAm, i love it. Make sure you get a little help on the suspension set up.crucial for improving your handeling and riding.

• Ga426owner

Posted November 28, 2006 - 05:39 AM

Mikee...you will love that 03 BB.....wait til you see how quick 0 to 60 in the dirt is now!:worthy:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • never59

Posted November 28, 2006 - 06:20 AM

The 03 is a screamer and if eric gorr is punching the thing out.......fun fun fun!!

• Mikeee P

Posted November 30, 2006 - 12:11 AM

You know, I've ridden a lot of big thumpers, but I've never owned one. I was like the "last man standing" around here on a 2 stroke LOL

So when I talked to Eric one day and he said he had something for me I was like... okay. And it's been Christmas every day since then because I can't wait to get out and ride it - yesterday I decided "Right on, tomorrow is the day, can't want to go ride this big bore" and then in the middle of the night the rain came down so hard here in FL that I was looking for Noah to to come drifting by! haha

So today I thought - you know what, I bet the track has dried up, and as I'm thinking that I hear this noise and it's actually RAIN pounding on the building so hard from outta no where that I was like... oh brother!

So maybe before Christmas I'll get a chance to ride this thing. I was pretty surprised, I went to pick it up and it has a Yoshi full exhaust, Pro Tapers and some other goodies on it... this'll give me a chance to put some fresh sneakers on it (tires). I've got some 756's lined up ready to go on - just gotta break out the tire irons.

Mike

• Ga426owner

Posted November 30, 2006 - 10:44 AM

You know, I've ridden a lot of big thumpers, but I've never owned one. I was like the "last man standing" around here on a 2 stroke LOL

So when I talked to Eric one day and he said he had something for me I was like... okay. And it's been Christmas every day since then because I can't wait to get out and ride it - yesterday I decided "Right on, tomorrow is the day, can't want to go ride this big bore" and then in the middle of the night the rain came down so hard here in FL that I was looking for Noah to to come drifting by! haha

So today I thought - you know what, I bet the track has dried up, and as I'm thinking that I hear this noise and it's actually RAIN pounding on the building so hard from outta no where that I was like... oh brother!

So maybe before Christmas I'll get a chance to ride this thing. I was pretty surprised, I went to pick it up and it has a Yoshi full exhaust, Pro Tapers and some other goodies on it... this'll give me a chance to put some fresh sneakers on it (tires). I've got some 756's lined up ready to go on - just gotta break out the tire irons.

Mike

Mike do not expect those 756's to last to long..............:worthy:

• Mikeee P

Posted December 02, 2006 - 11:39 PM

I like the way that sounds! *grin*

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.