Did anybody hate their xrr when new?

24 replies to this topic
  • loufish

Posted December 05, 2006 - 07:59 PM

To answer you question, I liked my bike right out of the box...now I did the whole uncork route, including a full T-4 system before I even rode it around the block.
I finally got around to getting the suspension done(ESP) including new springs frt & rear and what a difference!
I had to re-learn how to ride it for awhile...
This was the right bike for me, no doubts...

• resslera

Posted December 05, 2006 - 08:03 PM

I own both bikes; the 650R and the CR250R. A world of difference. I made the 650R street legal and I love it on the streets and open dirt trails/roads. The 250R is great for winding out and doing the wheelies, but nothing can match the adrenaline rush of holding a 650R wide open!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Maroast

Posted December 05, 2006 - 09:11 PM

My first bike was a klr650, and my 2nd/current bike is a xr650r...I'v only known fat chicks. I think of the xrr as the butch softball player that will kick your f*cking ass if you get out line with her!

its a monster with RAW power and i love it...always have, always will....eventhough she broke my collar bone 5 days ago :worthy:

• CRAIGB

Posted December 06, 2006 - 06:34 AM

My first bike was a klr650, and my 2nd/current bike is a xr650r...I'v only known fat chicks. I think of the xrr as the butch softball player that will kick your f*cking ass if you get out line with her!

its a monster with RAW power and i love it...always have, always will....eventhough she broke my collar bone 5 days ago :worthy:

Thats just funny right there.

• resslera

Posted December 07, 2006 - 07:29 PM

Maroast makes a good point. The bike can and will eat your lunch if you get to comfortable or complacent. That is a lot of weight to get going fast offroad and at times isn't near as forgiving as a smaller bike.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.