more low end

6 replies to this topic
  • trailordune

Posted November 27, 2006 - 04:09 PM

I have an 04 wr450 properly jetted, free mods, fmf ti powercore slip-on with quiet core and I'm going to buy a sx powerbomb header for more grunt. Question is I'm thinking of putting in a power now at the same time and I wonder if it would just be a waste of money or if it really improves the snap as much as advertised. Also, Twin Air has a new power blade out and and I'd really like to hear from anyone who knows if this is just a copycat power now or an actual improvement. Thanks for any info! P.S. I did a search for this and read a few comments about the power now but found nothing anywhere about this new twin air powerblade. :worthy:

• TuningFork426

Posted November 27, 2006 - 08:40 PM

i have the powernow on my 426 and it definetly has enough torque for me
does it improve low end ? maybe, I cant say because I put it on before the first time i rode it. :worthy:

• clark4131

Posted November 27, 2006 - 10:49 PM

I'm thinking of putting in a power now at the same time and I wonder if it would just be a waste of money or if it really improves the snap as much as advertised.

Do the header first, ride it for a while and then decide if you want to spend the dollars for the PowerNow.

I did a search...but found nothing anywhere about this new twin air powerblade. :worthy:

It's new, be patient. Have you Googled it? From what I've read on the whole PowerNow subject, is they're more effective on fewer cc bikes and 2-strokes. With that said, I have one and couldn't tell much difference if any. But it's comforting to know it's in there :D...SC

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • GCannon

Posted November 28, 2006 - 03:02 PM

When I installed mine it seemed to clean things up in the smaller throttle openings (less than half) my bike started better and the choke became less neccessary. It also helped with throttle response. when I bought mine it was $75 bucks not the most expensive mod but worth the money to me. Could you get along without it yes. It depends on how picky you are and how much time you are going to spend tuning your carb for power and responsiveness.

• Wasabi

Posted November 28, 2006 - 05:55 PM

Do the header first, ride it for a while and then decide if you want to spend the dollars for the PowerNow.

Better yet, MAKE ONE YOURSELF!
There is more than enough info on how to do it on here. :D

You will have better luck / results with a header too, by the way. :worthy:

• ncmountainman

Posted November 29, 2006 - 07:09 AM

get rid of the quiet core insert,i have the same muffler and with the S/A its only 95 db. i run it without the S/A though(98 db) for even better bottom. i'm with clark on the power now. i've ran it on 2 bikes(04 wr,05 yz) it seems to clean up the lower throttle positions,but who really knows the difference is definately not night and day.

• OneToGo

Posted December 03, 2006 - 04:35 AM

Power Now came with my Q2 and SX header - the box from TT Store.
By the the design the Power Now or any similar plate modification should improve the less the than half throttle fuel mixing and hence improve response. I felt it did - i have read that the Pnow makes CRFs a little bit difficult to jet but with the WR you can go with the STD (Clark and INDY jetting).
I reckon it improves snap but throttle control becomes more sensitive and critical.
:worthy:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.