new special edition yzfs

51 replies to this topic
  • JohnnyOfast

Posted November 29, 2006 - 07:31 PM

So now we know that Johnny is single. :D

How did you come to a crazy conclusion like that? :worthy:

• ONLY4STROKES

Posted November 29, 2006 - 07:32 PM

It's hard to compare an '03 YZ450F with an '07, because so many changes were made in those four model years. The '03 made massive amounts of horsepower and it made the bike really hard to ride. The '07 is buttery smooth with almost no vibration thanks to it's counterbalancers and the power is much easier to control. The aluminum frame also helps out with lowering the center of gravity a lot, so the handling quotient has increased tenfold. In short, the '07 is the greatest gift to Yamaha fans, ever. Damn near perfect.

As for the white, it looks good clean...but after the plastic has aged and gotten dirty and scratched it may not look so cool.

• cappy79

Posted November 29, 2006 - 08:35 PM

had 03 450 (went to the "darkside, 05 Honda 450) now have "Divine" white 07 450 have 4 rides on it but so far feels great, suspension super plush, turns good, my tranny seems fine and has a ton of power I agree with Johnyofast I think the MXA sprocket suggestion would make it a little too abrupt. Have Dr. D carbon fiber exhaust, radiator lowering kit and front brake bracket in a box just dropped off by my friendly neigborhood UPS dude:applause:
oh ya forgot also bought a case of soft scrub for the white plastic:thumbsup:
Cappy79

• YZ250F_Rider

Posted November 30, 2006 - 03:57 AM

can you lower the radiators on these? the right side is practically sitting on the header.

• cappy79

Posted November 30, 2006 - 07:09 AM

I had to order a special header from Dr. D. for the kit to fit. I hope to install by the weekend.
Cappy79

• YZ250F_Rider

Posted November 30, 2006 - 07:23 AM

ok that makes sense, and now that you mention it I remember reading on here about it. We are coming from 04 yz250f's and I also had a 05 yz450f for a short period.

the 05 handled like total crap compare to the 250's it was heavy and was a bear to turn. It was 12 pounds I think heavier than the 250's but felt 40 pounds heavier. It would flat wear me out. the 07 450 is unreal in how it feels riding it. It also is 12 pounds heavier but it actually feels about 3 or 4 pounds lighter because the center of gravity is co much lower. I get a lot less tired on the 450 than I do the 250's.

I may look into the lowering kit in a while but for now I still feel like I moved to a 125 rather than a 450.

• grayracer513

Posted November 30, 2006 - 09:11 AM

The 07 450 is unreal in how it feels riding it. It also is 12 pounds heavier (than the 250F) but it actually feels about 3 or 4 pounds lighter because the center of gravity is so much lower. I get a lot less tired on the 450 than I do the 250's.
... I still feel like I moved to a 125 rather than a 450.

There it is, in a nutshell :worthy:

• 74Hustler

Posted November 30, 2006 - 09:18 AM

had 03 450 (went to the "darkside, 05 Honda 450) now have "Divine" white 07 450 have 4 rides on it but so far feels great, suspension super plush, turns good, my tranny seems fine and has a ton of power I agree with Johnyofast I think the MXA sprocket suggestion would make it a little too abrupt. Have Dr. D carbon fiber exhaust, radiator lowering kit and front brake bracket in a box just dropped off by my friendly neigborhood UPS dude:applause:
oh ya forgot also bought a case of soft scrub for the white plastic:thumbsup:
Cappy79
www.motomtg.com
Great Southwest Mortgage

Whats the front brake bracket? Is there a problem with the stock one?

I picked up my white 07 about a month and half ago and cant even begin to tell you how good this bike feels. I came off my 99 400 so I know I'm compairing apple to oranges here but man I love this bike, so smooth you dont relize how fast your going till you have to turn then it just rails the turns.

By the way ditch the soft scrub and pick up Mr Cleans Magic Eraser, it's the best stuff out and has no chemicals or abrasives. I have all white interior in my boat and it's the only thing I use.

• grayracer513

Posted November 30, 2006 - 09:31 AM

...it's the best stuff out and has no chemicals ...

Nonsense. I'll bet it's at least 50% hydrogen monoxide.

• 74Hustler

Posted November 30, 2006 - 09:45 AM

Nonsense. I'll bet it's at least 50% hydrogen monoxide.

Sorry no "toxic chemicals"

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted November 30, 2006 - 10:58 AM

Sorry no "toxic chemicals"

:D You sure you didn't mean "harsh cleansers"? I'll bet it tells you right on the label not to drink it.

Just messin' with ya. :worthy:

• cappy79

Posted November 30, 2006 - 04:14 PM

Whats the front brake bracket? Is there a problem with the stock one?

I picked up my white 07 about a month and half ago and cant even begin to tell you how good this bike feels. I came off my 99 400 so I know I'm compairing apple to oranges here but man I love this bike, so smooth you dont relize how fast your going till you have to turn then it just rails the turns.

By the way ditch the soft scrub and pick up Mr Cleans Magic Eraser, it's the best stuff out and has no chemicals or abrasives. I have all white interior in my boat and it's the only thing I use.

Oh the Dr. D brake bracket is like 5 lbs lighter, makes you go faster and way stonger.....ok it's just a billet unit that is a little stronger. Thanks for the Mr Clean Magic eraser tip I use them in the house on the walls and doors all the time.
Cappy79

• 2wheels-drz

Posted November 30, 2006 - 04:49 PM

I rode a 07 yesterday. Its a night and day difference from my old 426. I can't believe how good the suspension and handling is. I can't afford one right now, but hopefully someday I'll win the lottery and then I can afford to upgrade bikes.

i would how big of a difference it would be to my 2000 wr400 butched to a sumo?? i no it will be alot i was blowen away when i rode a mates 05 YZF... all this talk of hule development makes me think i wanna ride my 400 for another season, and then invest in an 06 if i can afford !!

• djtroy

Posted November 30, 2006 - 09:26 PM

Do you guys think the new 07 is that much better than the 06? I just picked up an 06 haven't rode it yet but it will be the first 450 I have ever rode. I had it in the shop a little longer so they could do the AP carb mod to it. I hope that doesn't mess it up. I did it on the recommendation of one of the racers. I heard the 07 will corner better than the 06, if so how much better? If the carb mod has been done to it should I still re jet it to your guys recommendations? I will be riding it in Florida at sea level in the heat and humidity. Its cold now though 70 degrees, its winter.

• grayracer513

Posted November 30, 2006 - 09:51 PM

No, the difference in the '06/7 is more along the lines of the difference between the '03/4 models. Subtle refinements. Set your '06 up like has been recommended here and it will be a great bike for a long time.

• 74Hustler

Posted December 01, 2006 - 10:31 AM

Oh the Dr. D brake bracket is like 5 lbs lighter, makes you go faster and way stonger.....ok it's just a billet unit that is a little stronger. Thanks for the Mr Clean Magic eraser tip I use them in the house on the walls and doors all the time.
Cappy79
www.motomtg.com
Great Southwest Mortgage

I better run and get one if it will make me faster:p LOL

Any one running a front disk cover on a 07? If so who makes it? I'm having a hard time finding one.

Oh by the way Gray, it's a sponge not a liquid. It also works on blue :worthy:

• stoney55

Posted December 01, 2006 - 03:20 PM

went 05 to 07 and can't believe the difference. it's going to be hard to sell my 05 because all I do is talk up the 07 with people interested in buying it. biggest difference for me is the power, still smooth but alot more punch. suspension is great and cornering ability is unreal. get the white one, it stands out on the track more than any other bike. good luck.

• WB450

Posted December 06, 2006 - 09:54 AM

No change from 06 to 07 well maybe some minor stuff but nothing you would notice. Save your self some green and stay away from the white one. If you haven't noticed it has both gold and silver on it and reminds me of an 80 year old woman. Blue, Yellow or nothin man

My white 07 stands out, and I like that, I don't want it to look like every other bike. It don't run like a 80 year old woman.

• cappy79

Posted December 06, 2006 - 10:40 AM

My white 07 stands out, and I like that, I don't want it to look like every other bike. It don't run like a 80 year old woman.

MacJammer you must know some "HOT" 80 year olds:busted:
Cappy79

• Redrider46

Posted December 06, 2006 - 08:48 PM

The SE has the same "gold suspension" as the the blue bike but MacJ must have eyes like an 80 year old.

Did the DRD carbon pipe make any improvements?? Cappy the loan guy??

www.ssmwholesale.com

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.