250ttr oilfilters in a wr450f

I just got my new 2005 WR450F this weekend.

Question: Can I use the same oilfilters I use in the 250TTR with the WR450F?

Is the maintenance schedule (oilchange every 1000 km) for the WR450F necessary when I use the motor at non racing speed? I live in Burkina Faso, it is hot here.

Thanks for your help,

Koenbobo

Edit/Delete Message

Is the maintenance schedule (oilchange every 1000 km) for the WR450F necessary when I use the motor at non racing speed? I live in Burkina Faso, it is hot here.

The TTR250 and WR450F oil filters are the same. I think you will find that most WR owners change their oil alot more frequently than that. I'm assuming yours is a road model so if you aren't getting alot of true off-road mileage in that 1000, then you should be OK. I would be using the best synthetic you can find for a little extra margin of protection. Don't know where Burkina Faso is, but it sounds hot.:worthy:

Thanks for your help,

Koenbobo

Edit/Delete Message

The problem with the modern thumpers is oil dilution and gearbox shearing. I would use a semi synthetic and change around 500km, oil filter every 2nd dump and a magnetic sump plug. Some diesel oils are good for the job at a lesser price.