250ttr oilfilters in a wr450f

4 replies to this topic
  • koenbobo

Posted November 26, 2006 - 05:35 PM

I just got my new 2005 WR450F this weekend.

Question: Can I use the same oilfilters I use in the 250TTR with the WR450F?

Is the maintenance schedule (oilchange every 1000 km) for the WR450F necessary when I use the motor at non racing speed? I live in Burkina Faso, it is hot here.

Thanks for your help,

Koenbobo

Edit/Delete Message

• BlueBlood Rider

Posted November 26, 2006 - 08:30 PM

Is the maintenance schedule (oilchange every 1000 km) for the WR450F necessary when I use the motor at non racing speed? I live in Burkina Faso, it is hot here.

The TTR250 and WR450F oil filters are the same. I think you will find that most WR owners change their oil alot more frequently than that. I'm assuming yours is a road model so if you aren't getting alot of true off-road mileage in that 1000, then you should be OK. I would be using the best synthetic you can find for a little extra margin of protection. Don't know where Burkina Faso is, but it sounds hot.:worthy:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Fullbore4

Posted November 26, 2006 - 08:34 PM

A WR450 only holds a little over a quart of oil so you can imagine how much work that little amount does.....not like a big bike that holds several quarts. I change oil about every 100 miles.

• simon@vic

Posted November 27, 2006 - 01:57 AM

a wr426 stainless steel {re-usable} oil filter will work too! and you only need to buy one a year.

wr450s should have there oil changed every 400-500km!!! used good synthetic oil and it will last for ever!

• waynus

Posted November 27, 2006 - 02:48 AM

Thanks for your help,

Koenbobo

Edit/Delete Message

The problem with the modern thumpers is oil dilution and gearbox shearing. I would use a semi synthetic and change around 500km, oil filter every 2nd dump and a magnetic sump plug. Some diesel oils are good for the job at a lesser price.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.