Rethnal Twinwalls Finally Arrived, Have A ?

2 replies to this topic
  • snowman02

Posted November 26, 2006 - 05:24 PM

Finally received my Rethnal Twinwall Bars with CR Bend. I started the install of them and rvrything going well till i get to the light switch and kill button. The light switch bracket and kill switch brackets sit further to the base of the bars where it is 1-1/8" Dia. and i cant get them to screw together, is there a trick to this, like maybe trying to pull more wire up the frame or have i done something that is so simple and making it harder on myself. I just dont want to pull on wires that i am going to have to fix later.

Thank you all

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • AUS_WR450

Posted November 26, 2006 - 05:29 PM

You obviously need to unclip all the wires first. Remove the headlight assembly so you can trace wher the wires go to, and you will see the connectors behind where the headlight normally is. You should be able to cut cable ties/tape that holds all the wires together and gain enough slack for what you need. Don't forget to tie the wiring loom back up to stop it chafing or getting caught inthe steering stops.:worthy:

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted November 28, 2006 - 08:47 PM

I just use a cable tie and mount the kill switch on the 'fat' part of the bar. Has always worked great for me. :worthy:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.