650l electrical maintenance...

No replies to this topic
  • jetfuel

Posted November 26, 2006 - 01:53 PM

I recently had my original battery go dead on my '95 L ... which I was amazed it lasted that long....so I got a new one figuring that was the problem ...Wrong....the new one just died yesterday ...so now I figure its the charging system and... Bingo... After removing the right side cover to get at the reg/rect plugs I find the clear boot that protects the plugs from moisture plugged solid with mud and water and the red/white lead ...Corroded and broken off ... anyway after a good cleaning and a crimp I'm good to go ...Just wanted to mention one more thing to look at on your routine inspections ...I hope it saves someone a head ache .....and yes I should have checked the charging system when I installed the new battery:banghead: Posted Image

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.