"L" with a E2,Uni & rejetted....hold on.

11 replies to this topic
  • DockingPilot

Posted November 26, 2006 - 10:02 AM

I have the DynaJet kit installed with a 55, Uni filter and WB E2 pipe, also a 14t. She leaps ! Idles, starts and rips.
I recommend it.

• frankiewhipit

Posted November 26, 2006 - 03:58 PM

Yea Me To, Mine Was Jetted, Desnorkled & Dave Modded, Then I Installed The E2 Last Week, I Still Cant Believe It's The Same Engine

• DockingPilot

Posted November 26, 2006 - 04:16 PM

And here she is:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And for real precision work:
Posted Image

• elrontx

Posted November 27, 2006 - 10:18 AM

very nice! where did you get the headlight?

• DockingPilot

Posted November 27, 2006 - 10:35 AM

Baja Designs. Plugs right in.

• Boston Mangler

Posted November 27, 2006 - 06:05 PM

I have the DynaJet kit installed with a 55, Uni filter and WB E2 pipe, also a 14t. She leaps ! Idles, starts and rips.
I recommend it.

What do you mean a 55? Did you change your pilot to a 55? Which main ya running?

My E2 should arrive weds! :worthy:

P.S. JESUS that bike it LONG :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DockingPilot

Posted November 28, 2006 - 04:21 AM

Simply install the entire Dynajet kit, spring and all. Use the 165 main not the 160 in the kit because you have the pipe like me. E-clip in the 3rd slot. Then grind off the tab on the fuel mixture screw and seat it then screw it back out 2.25 turns. Then put in a 55 pilot. I ordered mine from XR's Only. The kit does not come with a pilot. But most feel that it is still needed. I agree after installing mine. So you have the entire DJ kit installed plus a 55 pilot jet.
I know nada about carbs, so when I was re installing it, I was thinking to myself "if this flipping thing starts and runs right it will be a miracle". Well, I hit the happy button and she lit right off ! Idled great, ran great. Gone is the low end hesittation and she is very smooth and responsive.
My friend Wil who knows a lot about this stuff held my hand through the operation and gave me the jet combo to use. He was correct. :worthy:

• DockingPilot

Posted November 28, 2006 - 04:24 AM

To be clear, this is for the 650 not the 250 and certainly not the bad assed 950 !

• Boston Mangler

Posted November 28, 2006 - 05:29 AM

Ok Thanks

As my bike sits now, it has the DJ Kit (with the 165 main), Uni Filter, Desmogged, DeSnorkeled, and the Baffle removed, runs well but i am waiting to install my pipe!

I will run it as is for a bit and then install the 55 if needed. I run at high elevations a lot so i migth not need it, i will see!

Thanks

• DockingPilot

Posted November 28, 2006 - 05:34 AM

Good luck, hey dont mangle anyone, I think the coppers are on to ya :worthy:

• wwjam

Posted November 28, 2006 - 05:40 AM

Hey Frank,

Bike looks great! Glad the carb mods worked out.

Later

Wil

• DockingPilot

Posted November 28, 2006 - 05:52 AM

Thanks for all the help Wil. I would still be messing with it if not for you.
See you Sunday. Bring a flashlight with you. I posted an update on ADV. Make sure Jorge and Bill see it.

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  171 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.