Cam Chain Replacement?!

3 replies to this topic
  • boer

Posted November 26, 2006 - 02:32 AM

I am trying to get more info on the intervals for changing the cam chain. I have heard on some other threads that once a year is mentioned. No recomended interval is mentioned in the maintenace manual though.

What intervals are you guys going by? Any input from the high milegae guys, Indy, simon@vic etc:thumbsup:

• Indy_WR450

Posted November 27, 2006 - 05:30 AM

I did mine at 12,000 miles. The sprocket on the crank is pretty hooked so you end up replacing the crank at the same time.:worthy:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • boer

Posted November 27, 2006 - 06:07 AM

I did mine at 12,000 miles. The sprocket on the crank is pretty hooked so you end up replacing the crank at the same time.:worthy:

Thanks Indy, that's what I was hoping for. 20000km for so sounds good. I will not worry any further then.

So when you rebuild the engine with a big bore and crank kit would be the ideal time:thumbsup: :D

• waynus

Posted November 27, 2006 - 11:26 AM

Thanks Indy, that's what I was hoping for. 20000km for so sounds good. I will not worry any further then.

So when you rebuild the engine with a big bore and crank kit would be the ideal time:thumbsup: :worthy:

Don't stop worrying yet Boer.

Maybe if the chain is replaced at say 10,000km, it wont hook the sprocket:excuseme:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.