Handlebar Raisers

10 replies to this topic
  • motopsycho650

Posted November 25, 2006 - 08:45 AM

I've got a 650R with stock tripe clamps. I'm a tall guy, and when I'm standing on the pegs, I'm bent too far over the handlebars and I use my lower back too much to cushion bumps.

Dose anyone know where I can get some raisers for my handlebar mounts. I'm not exactly sure how high I want to go yet. Probably 1/2" - 1"

• BajaBoundMoto

Posted November 25, 2006 - 09:36 AM

Aftermarket top triple clamp (ie: Applied Racing) will give you farther forward and taller options.
Slightly less cash you can get the riser dealios from Thumper Racing (or similar).

• simon@vic

Posted November 25, 2006 - 09:48 AM

risers like this and pro taper bars would do the job!
upper tripple clamp {1 1/8} with pro tapers would be even better!

Posted Image

Posted Image

• daddyk

Posted November 25, 2006 - 11:19 AM

I used these: http://www.dirtbikep...uct/154-5498200 with ProTaper Windham bend on my 600R. Really got rid of the scrunched in feeling when sitting and the bent over, bars at your kneecap feeling standing up.I go 6'4". I feel the 1 1/2 farther away is as important as the 1 1/2 rise.
[/I]

• one_lung_pete

Posted November 25, 2006 - 03:29 PM

I just posted a set of Touratech 35mm risers on Ebay today. They raise the bars and re-use all stock components.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • amoore21

Posted February 05, 2007 - 02:37 PM

risers like this and pro taper bars would do the job!
upper tripple clamp {1 1/8} with pro tapers would be even better!

Posted Image

Posted Image

what kind of risers are pictured here? I made the mistake of ordering a set of pro taper contour 1 1/8 and figured i could use the universal pro taper fat bar mount kit. it looks as though i need a whole new upper triple though. a riser might do the trick, but would be too tall with the cr high mounts on my 600r ( think)

• BWB63

Posted February 06, 2007 - 07:05 AM

All different sizes; from stock bars to fatty bars, real high to just a little. push forward or back.

http://www.roxspeedf...i?subcat_id=268

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• NavyNuke

Posted February 06, 2007 - 07:37 AM

I have some spacer blocks on mine. Just raise the bars about an inch, and use longer bolts to pinch the clamps under the bars, and they have the cutout like the stock clamps. I'll get a pic later if you want.

• Barro

Posted February 06, 2007 - 11:32 AM

"All different sizes; from stock bars to fatty bars, real high to just a little. push forward or back.

http://www.roxspeedf....?subcat_id=268"

BWB63,

did you drop the XR hard (like a nice endo) since you put those raisers on? Did they shift any?

Eduardo.

• BWB63

Posted February 06, 2007 - 02:48 PM

They are on Mr. Lewis' bike (the pictures with the red triple clamp) and he did a few good spills and they held better then the forks.......

• amoore21

Posted February 06, 2007 - 11:18 PM

Good ideas, guys but I'm gonna go with a BRP top triple. cheap, rubber mounts, and they have LOTS of options. Gettin' the dealer discount too;)

Related Content

Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.