Fork Oil Leak

1 reply to this topic
  • Captain Bob

Posted November 25, 2006 - 04:42 AM

After returning from a ride, I noticed oil on the top of the fork caps on my 99 WR400. It appears to be fork oil and is coming through the adjusters on the fork caps. I am assuming it is O-rings in the fork cap assembly that have gone bad. I inquired at my local Yamaha shop about O-ring replacement and found out Yamaha does not break down the fork cap but rather will sell you the new fork cap for $120 and change. Yikes!

Anyone ever have this problem before? What did you do to fix it? Where did you get the parts? Appreciate any help anyone can offer!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • simpson61

Posted November 25, 2006 - 07:25 AM

I would say take the o-ring to an auto parts store or a shop that rebuids
hydralics and try to match the size.
At the auto parts store find someone who knows parts and not just part #'s.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.