WB E2 spark arrestor

5 replies to this topic
  • boer

Posted November 25, 2006 - 04:30 AM

I have tried contacting White Brothers, however they are not very eager to respond to customer's correspondance:thumbsdn:

I have the E2 for my 06'WR450 and usually run the exhaust fully open. On the last ride I decided to give it a try with the spark arrestor endcap to try and feel a difference over fully open.

I noticed that when it is fitted the spark arrestor is faily loose between the muffler and the cap. It actaully rattles around in there.:worthy:

Do any of you E2 owners have this same problem? Is it normal?

Posted November 25, 2006 - 09:12 AM

Yes I did.Same exact thing made the pipe sound louder than usual too.I just put a little dimple in the spark arrestor to make the end cap fit tighterBe careful not to make it to big or the end cap won't screw in I.think it is a poor design either that or no racer were using them so they just made something simple to get us by.

• rhinoracin

Posted September 26, 2007 - 03:03 PM

I have the same problem with my E2. it makes an annoying rattling sound while the engine is running and i can easily move it around in the muffler with my hand. it never used to be this way until recently and i cant figure out how the spark arrestor just all of a sudden loosened up. i was thinking the same thing about putting a dimple in spark arestor to hold it against the end cap...how should i go about doing this?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Tough Guy

Posted September 26, 2007 - 04:09 PM

I installed a plastic shim for mine...the original spark arrestor actually broke apart from the rattling...the new one is snug and does not rattle after installing the shim...:thumbsup:

• taksx

Posted September 27, 2007 - 08:17 AM

I put a few silicone beeds on mine worked great.

• ARin

Posted September 29, 2007 - 10:12 AM

take a pliers and gently bend one of the lips of the sparky. then it fits tight.

no worries.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.