hinson slipper clutch

7 replies to this topic
  • belongaj

Posted November 24, 2006 - 05:35 PM

I am a vet rider and just purchased a 07 yz450f. I would like to know if anyone has used the hinson slipper clutch on thier bike. I would like to hear opinions from the people who have used them. I race motocross and want to know if the clutch is worth the money. Thanks John

• belongaj

Posted November 29, 2006 - 12:57 PM

I know someone must have used one of these.

• skidooboy

Posted November 29, 2006 - 04:28 PM

i use one on my 06 for supermoto, love it. self contained, easy service, and install. ski

• YZ250F_Rider

Posted November 29, 2006 - 05:15 PM

Dont know about hinson's but Reed suposedly uses fmf's clutch.

https://www.fmfracin...?CategoryID=201

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ONLY4STROKES

Posted November 29, 2006 - 07:46 PM

Here's what MXA had to say about it:

http://www.motocross...91666AB130DA65D

• creed75

Posted November 30, 2006 - 04:37 AM

Hinson slipper clutch vs CEB stm, what's better syst ?

• belongaj

Posted November 30, 2006 - 04:11 PM

Thanks for the info. John

• vpmx

Posted November 30, 2006 - 06:24 PM

Hinson is one of our team product sponsors and I just ordered their complete package for my '07 YZ450F. The inside guys say that the slipper is for Super Motard or MX fast experts or pro riders. They recommend their conventional system for everyone else.

I ordered the conventional package. Everything is ready for the '07 except for the pressure plate which is new. That will be coming shortly under a separate shipment. The new clutch cover is supposed to be a trick looking gun metal color.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.