XR's only Beware

75 replies to this topic
  • WR250F Captain

Posted August 19, 2008 - 04:30 PM

I wasn't really screwed by them, more like turned away. didn't really understand why they would tell people to leave there shop and go on the internet though

That SUCKS! The only two things they had going for them was the help if you went in person and the great stuff they carried. Well now it sounds like one of those went out the window as well. [COLOR="Red"]Denn10 was being a go between for those that wanted something from XR's only but, didn't want to take the chance of getting screwed with phone or internet service....he was having good luck? Maybe he can chime in on what has happened?[/COLOR]
If you read the first page of posts to the first thread about XR's only sucking you will find that six of there emploies resonded....even the manager that continualy :thumbsup: the costomer. Read what he said:eek: he emits that there is an exceptable amount of screw-ups and that is to be expected!:worthy: He digs a real nice hole in the 6 posts he posted on TT

If you want the real story (and have the time to read) you will see that more then 50% of those on TT have had a horrible experiance with XR's Only!

This thread has 197 post and over 11,000 views

http://www.thumperta...ead.php?t=96767

A few more threads.....
http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=603515

http://www.thumperta...481#post5272481

http://www.thumperta...light=XR's Only

http://www.thumperta...536#post2379536

http://www.thumperta...501#post3014501

Just a few of those threads about how screwed up XR's Only has become.....

There might be a problem when you have this much trouble from one company. Most of these threads do have one or two guys that say they had a good out come, some work for XR's Only, some don't but, for the most part everyone else has had nothing but trouble.

• cleonard

Posted August 19, 2008 - 04:34 PM

What about having work done by XR's Only like engine or suspension? Is the service department in better/worse/same shape as the retail?

I've only used them for machine work. I had them fix my head when two of the valve seats came loose. The consequence of repeated overheatings. That was something like 4 years ago and the head is still going strong. As far as parts go it was just those two valves. No complaints on what they did for me.

I would only buy parts from them if they were the only source. Too many bad stories to use them for anything but machine work.

• WR250F Captain

Posted August 19, 2008 - 07:13 PM

I have had good luck ordering parts before. I have 2 exrea parts if anyone is interested.
A red temp dip stick XRTD-0006-R (does not fit if you have a Scotts tower around the steering head :thumbsup: ) New out of package.
A Chain guide red, XRCG-11-R new in package. ( ordered extra by accident)
Otherwise I will return for credit. $39.95 & $49.95 + shipping

there is a classifieds section thats free and easy. I've used it a few times.

try 'er out

• Boer08

Posted August 20, 2008 - 03:20 PM

I spoke to them this morning and they have sent my package out with fedex, they told me on the phone, that since I had to wait so long they will send it by airmail, but I just checked the tracking # and it went out with standard ground shipping and I also see that destination is to the wrong state, I hope it's just going via that state, otherwise I am going to be a very unhappy camper :thumbsup:

I guess it's a good lesson, for one I will call next time to make 100% sure everything is in stock, to which ever company I use...

• scocam

Posted August 21, 2008 - 08:13 AM

I have noticed that XRs Only seem to have a pretty outdated online ordering system. They need to rely more heavily on customer service if they're not planning on updating their ordering system and processes.

• BWB63

Posted August 21, 2008 - 11:13 AM

I have noticed that XRs Only seem to have a pretty outdated online ordering system. They need to rely more heavily on customer service if they're not planning on updating their ordering system and processes.

At the first part of the year they just did an over-haul of their Internet ordering system. At least that is what they said, while the web page was down for over a month.

• Boer08

Posted August 25, 2008 - 07:04 PM

So I received my package today, after waiting forever... Guess what they forgot to put in the one side panel... :worthy: :thumbsup:

• WR250F Captain

Posted August 25, 2008 - 07:07 PM

So I received my package today, after waiting forever... Guess what they forgot to put in the one side panel... :worthy: :thumbsup:

IDK, after reading this thread... they might not have forgot... j/k

call 'em up and tell them there are a bunch of... [clears throat] "Haters" on TT and they should give you a reason to prove all of us wrong with some real good service

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • eastreich

Posted August 25, 2008 - 10:03 PM

I have never ever had any issues at all with XR's Only, nor have any of my other friends that have used them before. For me it has always been great service and I have had no issues at all with what I have ordered or recieved. But I will say that I have not purchased "every day items" from them or the infamous out of stock oil temp dipstick. Only XR specific parts that only they sell. If I need "every day items" I have other sources that are way more economical for me.

I will be sending my 650R crank to them in Febuary for a Falicon rod installation.

• Potts228

Posted August 26, 2008 - 12:48 AM

I personally want to buy around a 1000 dollers worth of parts from them, but im worried they might screw my order up.. I live here in Kuwait and i hear they like to mess up peoples orders just because some sales guy thought it might be funny to do.. Iv called before to make a order and got the phone hung up on me 3 times, after all im making a expensive over sea's call to get the phone hung up on me. To me it looks like there digging there own grave. I think if you complain here on thumpertalk it will help people think twice before making such expensive mistakes.

I think the best bet is to know who own's XR'S Only, it might be AL Bakers son's daughters wife or who ever and let them know what these people at XR'S only are doing.

If i owned that company id fire the entire staff and shut that shop down for a month or 2 to get things back on track..

Chris Blais, http://www.blaisracingservices.com/ sells XR's only products. I too had a bad experience with XR's only (Twice) but they do have some cool parts. I now order XR's only parts through Blais Racing and problem solved.

• Boer08

Posted August 26, 2008 - 04:22 AM

Chris Blais, http://www.blaisracingservices.com/ sells XR's only products. I too had a bad experience with XR's only (Twice) but they do have some cool parts. I now order XR's only parts through Blais Racing and problem solved.

Thanks for the link, I love their products, and going to spend much more, since I am converting my XR to a supermoto... I am looking for a white UFO right side panel, XR ONLY sell them, but I would prefer to use another company, and I find that most companies sell them as a pair?

• ISURF

Posted August 26, 2008 - 06:56 AM

their customer service does not exist. I have used them one time and my order has not arrived. It's been 2 months. I think the only words the XR's guy knows is "Will be here in two weeks".

• m25443

Posted August 26, 2008 - 03:07 PM

Just ordered a 15T sprocket Case Saver from them. Received even quicker than I expected. My $.02

• BWB63

Posted August 26, 2008 - 04:23 PM

What did you order? Just the one side panel or both and they forgot one? Not that it matters just thought it sounded like that they forgot the only thing you ordered. I like the last post....I got mine nanner, nanner, nanner:p

• Boer08

Posted August 26, 2008 - 05:57 PM

What did you order? Just the one side panel or both and they forgot one? Not that it matters just thought it sounded like that they forgot the only thing you ordered. I like the last post....I got mine nanner, nanner, nanner:p

I ordered about 10 items...

I saw they took the charge of the side panel off my credit card, but you would think they would let you know they not sending the parts that you ordered. Anyway I was just very excited to get my bike done, but it's not the end of the world.

• m25443

Posted August 26, 2008 - 11:14 PM

I like the last post....I got mine nanner, nanner, nanner:p

:thumbsup: Sorry. Not intended that way at all. Just providing another data point for TT friends to make use of.

So far I have had good luck with just about all of the suppliers of motorcycle parts. My biggest complaint is that they do not always supply a tracking # (when shipping UPS or FedEx) right away so I can have an idea of when my parts will arrive. Most send an email with the tracking # right away.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.