Posted November 24, 2006 - 02:43 PM

Be perpared for it!!!!! Like to gamble, order from XR's only. Anyone Have
anything to add.:worthy:

• dangerranger21

Posted November 24, 2006 - 03:29 PM

Like???... im confused

• BRPXL600R

Posted November 24, 2006 - 03:30 PM

I have had great dealings with them so far and great discounts fast shipping!!!! Sounds like you are having difficulties.

• BT64

Posted November 24, 2006 - 04:14 PM

Saw lots of negative posts, used to be a great co. thought id use them again. Still waiting for the flipng jets that were to come with the carb. Three weeks is a long time, order more still waiting, did i tell ya about the throttle cable. To long, sent again, to long. pilot jet 2 sizes up from what its supposed to be, just want to ride. tried local shops. no luck on mikuni mains or pilot. Stupid jets and cable, wish i was home in az, drive to shop get what i need, Gladly pay them. Go ride

• jbird710

Posted November 24, 2006 - 04:33 PM

I don't get it; it's about a 50/50 shot. I see posts all of the time with people saying how great they are and that they've had the best service. Then there are whole threads about how bad they suck. My experience was extremely negative. It took 4 months, 7 phone calls, and 6 emails to get items that were supposed to be "in stock". It's like the person who works orders has a coin with "good service" on one side and "screw 'em" on the other that he tosses for each order.:worthy: :D :prof: :bonk:

• chpxr

Posted November 24, 2006 - 05:03 PM

strange i have bought lots of stuff from them and have had great service i am actually going to there shop on tuesday to have a carb installed and jetted so i don't have to mess with it. now if anyone wants me to i will mention the problems that people are having if anyone wants me to mention them specifically when i get there i can and will.
thanks
rob

• BT64

Posted November 24, 2006 - 05:16 PM

Yea tell cris to send a 17.5 pilot too, cause they put a 22.5 in the carb.
The second cable they sent was the same, to long. Need one that fits 650l w/ mikuni tm38-85. Need the 68s pilot for 650r. They got my money. Small items, that are needed. They probably wont send me crap now. Somone tell me where i can get these jets and cable. thank you very much and happy holidays, Bob Thesz 772.473.3679

• chpxr

Posted November 24, 2006 - 05:24 PM

i will let chris know and i will post his reply

• BT64

Posted November 24, 2006 - 05:27 PM

Hey rob, do you work there too?

• chpxr

Posted November 24, 2006 - 05:31 PM

do i work there no i don't lol if i did i wouldn't be taking my bike there for work i would do it my self lol. just thought sense i am going to there shop i could help others out that r having problems

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BT64

Posted November 24, 2006 - 05:48 PM

Thank you. lol

• philipstjohn

Posted November 24, 2006 - 08:15 PM

Yea tell cris to send a 17.5 pilot too, cause they put a 22.5 in the carb.
The second cable they sent was the same, to long. Need one that fits 650l w/ mikuni tm38-85. Need the 68s pilot for 650r. They got my money. Small items, that are needed. They probably wont send me crap now. Somone tell me where i can get these jets and cable. thank you very much and happy holidays, Bob Thesz 772.473.3679

I understand they do this to all the people out there who have 650L'S and want to make them faster, just to show you how long it takes to get any power gains with the bike...hahaha :D :prof: :worthy:

• frankstr

Posted November 25, 2006 - 12:32 PM

I'd like to have a Quarter for every time this very subject has been rambled
on about:cry: ...Its real old guys:crazy: ...You'd think someone would have remedied the
problem..

:worthy: :D

• BT64

Posted November 25, 2006 - 02:30 PM

Yea, Im sorry i even brought it up. X.r.s has tried to fix evrything, im sure they will get it right. Where do you buy your stuff.

• Jon-D

Posted November 25, 2006 - 08:54 PM

I get my stuff from Travis_37. He has always been real good to his customers and is very knowledgeable with the four strokes. I have not read anything negative about him.

• kpatrick

Posted November 25, 2006 - 11:24 PM

XR's Only has been dead for years.......much like your favorite dinosaur. Come to think of it, what does "XR" even mean anymore?

• cleonard

Posted November 26, 2006 - 09:43 AM

do i work there no i don't lol if i did i wouldn't be taking my bike there for work i would do it my self lol. just thought sense i am going to there shop i could help others out that r having problems

I do my onw work as well. However, when something more specialized is required, I will use XR's Only. For instance, I had a head issue. Two of my valve seats were shot and needed replacement. XR's only did an awesome job. Not many shops can handle work like that. Did I send them my bike? Hardly, I sent them a stripped head.

As far a buying stuff, I think I would only get things that are available only from them. Otherwise I would get it somewhere else.

• DockingPilot

Posted November 26, 2006 - 09:59 AM

I have been using them for years, even when Baker was running it. Remember when you could buy a "Baker Bike"? I still have one, it's my 250. Anyway, they have been great with me at all times. I still feel they are the source when it comes to XR's.

• Billahjack

Posted November 26, 2006 - 11:50 AM

Saw lots of negative posts, used to be a great co. thought id use them again. Still waiting for the flipng jets that were to come with the carb. Three weeks is a long time, order more still waiting, did i tell ya about the throttle cable. To long, sent again, to long. pilot jet 2 sizes up from what its supposed to be, just want to ride. tried local shops. no luck on mikuni mains or pilot. Stupid jets and cable, wish i was home in az, drive to shop get what i need, Gladly pay them. Go ride

I bought the Mikuni carb from XR's only. I have the side panel cut-out on my bike with a FMF header and Powercore 4 Pipe. I could not get a big enough pilot in the thing to make it run rich enough. The bike overheated everytime I went slow and could have caused some damage to the engine if I didn't shut it down. The mikuni will probably run ok with the stock exhaust and side panel.

Overall, the top end power is less than the stock carb. The mikuni had better throttle response and low end grunt but who needs that when you already have 650cc?

I returned my Mikuni becuase it would not accomodate a large enough pilot jet for my setup. I stuck with the stock carb.

My vote is to go with the Edelbrock if you want a good aftermarket carb. No jetting, cables work properly, great response and top-end.

• XRidiculous

Posted November 26, 2006 - 06:33 PM

Yeah,

I too rambled about them. Seems to me if you know your machine, and have the answers, then XRS ONLY is a good place to get parts.

It takes some finesse when dealing with them-but I've never had weeks to wait-i just called/or emailed the employee I put in charge of my order, and it was on time and correct.

Really, there is only them and Scott Summers left, so be good to them (I cant even to begin to explain how cool Scott has been to me on past Six Days of Michigan rides).

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.