XR's only Beware

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw lots of negative posts, used to be a great co. thought id use them again. Still waiting for the flipng jets that were to come with the carb. Three weeks is a long time, order more still waiting, did i tell ya about the throttle cable. To long, sent again, to long. pilot jet 2 sizes up from what its supposed to be, just want to ride. tried local shops. no luck on mikuni mains or pilot. Stupid jets and cable, wish i was home in az, drive to shop get what i need, Gladly pay them. Go ride

I don't get it; it's about a 50/50 shot. I see posts all of the time with people saying how great they are and that they've had the best service. Then there are whole threads about how bad they suck. My experience was extremely negative. It took 4 months, 7 phone calls, and 6 emails to get items that were supposed to be "in stock". It's like the person who works orders has a coin with "good service" on one side and "screw 'em" on the other that he tosses for each order.:worthy::D:prof::bonk:

strange i have bought lots of stuff from them and have had great service i am actually going to there shop on tuesday to have a carb installed and jetted so i don't have to mess with it. now if anyone wants me to i will mention the problems that people are having if anyone wants me to mention them specifically when i get there i can and will.

thanks

rob

Yea tell cris to send a 17.5 pilot too, cause they put a 22.5 in the carb.

The second cable they sent was the same, to long. Need one that fits 650l w/ mikuni tm38-85. Need the 68s pilot for 650r. They got my money. Small items, that are needed. They probably wont send me crap now. Somone tell me where i can get these jets and cable. thank you very much and happy holidays, Bob Thesz 772.473.3679

Yea tell cris to send a 17.5 pilot too, cause they put a 22.5 in the carb.

The second cable they sent was the same, to long. Need one that fits 650l w/ mikuni tm38-85. Need the 68s pilot for 650r. They got my money. Small items, that are needed. They probably wont send me crap now. Somone tell me where i can get these jets and cable. thank you very much and happy holidays, Bob Thesz 772.473.3679

I understand they do this to all the people out there who have 650L'S and want to make them faster, just to show you how long it takes to get any power gains with the bike...hahaha :D:prof::worthy:

do i work there no i don't lol if i did i wouldn't be taking my bike there for work i would do it my self lol. just thought sense i am going to there shop i could help others out that r having problems

I do my onw work as well. However, when something more specialized is required, I will use XR's Only. For instance, I had a head issue. Two of my valve seats were shot and needed replacement. XR's only did an awesome job. Not many shops can handle work like that. Did I send them my bike? Hardly, I sent them a stripped head.

As far a buying stuff, I think I would only get things that are available only from them. Otherwise I would get it somewhere else.

Saw lots of negative posts, used to be a great co. thought id use them again. Still waiting for the flipng jets that were to come with the carb. Three weeks is a long time, order more still waiting, did i tell ya about the throttle cable. To long, sent again, to long. pilot jet 2 sizes up from what its supposed to be, just want to ride. tried local shops. no luck on mikuni mains or pilot. Stupid jets and cable, wish i was home in az, drive to shop get what i need, Gladly pay them. Go ride

I bought the Mikuni carb from XR's only. I have the side panel cut-out on my bike with a FMF header and Powercore 4 Pipe. I could not get a big enough pilot in the thing to make it run rich enough. The bike overheated everytime I went slow and could have caused some damage to the engine if I didn't shut it down. The mikuni will probably run ok with the stock exhaust and side panel.

Overall, the top end power is less than the stock carb. The mikuni had better throttle response and low end grunt but who needs that when you already have 650cc?

I returned my Mikuni becuase it would not accomodate a large enough pilot jet for my setup. I stuck with the stock carb.

My vote is to go with the Edelbrock if you want a good aftermarket carb. No jetting, cables work properly, great response and top-end.

Yeah,

I too rambled about them. Seems to me if you know your machine, and have the answers, then XRS ONLY is a good place to get parts.

It takes some finesse when dealing with them-but I've never had weeks to wait-i just called/or emailed the employee I put in charge of my order, and it was on time and correct.

Really, there is only them and Scott Summers left, so be good to them (I cant even to begin to explain how cool Scott has been to me on past Six Days of Michigan rides).