Removing front sprocket plastic guard

5 replies to this topic
  • AUS_WR450

Posted November 24, 2006 - 03:50 AM

I have noticed that the front sprocket plastic guard really allows the mud to build up when riding in wet conditions. I am thinking of removing it, yet leaving the case saver in position.

Have others done this? If so, is there a risk of your boot rubbing on the chain/sprocket, or any other risks?

• NYMXer

Posted November 24, 2006 - 05:32 AM

Many of us Yamaha riders do this. I don't think I ever got my boot close enough for the sprocket to touch it.

• WR DO

Posted November 24, 2006 - 11:49 AM

I didn't have one on my XR350 and never had a problem with it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • factorymx

Posted November 24, 2006 - 11:57 AM

yea my yz didnt have one either... but if your chain should ever brake then there could be some bad damage to the case id imagineor your heel

• NYMXer

Posted November 24, 2006 - 01:33 PM

If he just takes off the plastic cover but leaves the metal guard in place, he'll be OK.

• aussiefletch

Posted November 25, 2006 - 02:57 AM

i've seen many of the reporters in magazines say they remove the plastic cover off the front sprocket as one of their first mods to prevent sh**e build up and after 2 years of supermoto, with a recent(2weeks ago put dirt wheels on for 1st time) convert to enduro n loving it will be doing the same.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.