2004 WR 450! Would like to do some mods??

3 replies to this topic
  • WR450F2106

Posted November 23, 2006 - 04:03 AM

I have a 04 WR450, with a CRD powerpipe, and twin Air filter. Its time for more snap. Just Want to know what free mods to do, and weather JD jetting is a wise option before or after what particular mods? Any advice is appreciated thanx.
:p :cheers:

• Wasabi

Posted November 23, 2006 - 03:40 PM

Aussie free mods are just opening up the side of the airbox for the '04.
If you want more snap, there is a few things you can do.

You can block off the ACV on the side of the carby, when jetted perfect it will have a fair bit better throttle response.

You can lockwire the accelerator pump arm to the actuator, same thing, better response.

A YZ cam (or hotcams) work a treat on the WR's too.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • aussiefletch

Posted November 24, 2006 - 04:04 AM

search for the "grey wire, snorkel removal and throttle stop mods". I personally couldn't tell much difference as the bike out performs me anyway and the last two were already done before i bought it from the dealer.

Pretty sure there's a sticky on it.......

• AUS_WR450

Posted November 24, 2006 - 05:36 AM

post a message on www.dirtblokes.com.au for local aussie knowledge:thumbsup:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.