Rekluse on a YZ426

27 replies to this topic
  • torqueme

Posted December 03, 2006 - 12:26 AM

Update-got the bike back together this afternoon. man is this clutch weird !! i fired the bike & warmed it up - cringed & banged it into 1st,waiting for it to lung forward like it did with the standard clutch after sitting for awhile. to my surprise it went into gear nicely-so i gassed it a little & it actually started to move. after some fine tuning & pissing my neighbors off,it works like a dream. still very weird...but i think i like it. a good day in the mountains will tell more. thanks to all.

• torqueme

Posted December 18, 2006 - 12:12 AM

All i can say is WOW. i love the rekluse on this bike. went out today & road for about 7 hrs. not one problem, minor adjustments thru the day. great setup!! just have to stop reaching for that clutch lever...

• Fastest1

Posted December 18, 2006 - 04:57 AM

All i can say is WOW. i love the rekluse on this bike. went out today & road for about 7 hrs. not one problem, minor adjustments thru the day. great setup!! just have to stop reaching for that clutch lever...

That might take years to correct (the reaching for the lever) I still pull on the rear brake occasionally thinking it is the clutch. I have had the auto for 3 years or more and still do that. I never did it til I moved the brake to the handlebars.

• Oouthere

Posted December 18, 2006 - 06:51 AM

It's hard to beat a Rekluse! We ride mainly mx and have them on both the YZ250F and my YZ450F. Armpump is a thing of the past...unless you borrow someone else's bike.

A KX250 rider and myself were having a little fun this weekend, he'd never ridden a four-stroke and much less a four-stroke with a Rekluse. Well, after a lap on my bike I thought he was going to cry....I see a four-stroke equipped with a Rekluse in his future!

Rich

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 642MX

Posted December 18, 2006 - 07:07 AM

Make sure you re-check your installed gap. After the first ride the gap normally opens up.

• torqueme

Posted December 18, 2006 - 10:47 AM

Make sure you re-check your installed gap. After the first ride the gap normally opens up.

Thanks 642mx, that's on my agenda this week. the way it was acting toward the end of the day i think one more of the rekluse plates may need to be installed. find out soon...

• YZ426F Rider

Posted December 18, 2006 - 12:11 PM

Thanks 642mx, that's on my agenda this week. the way it was acting toward the end of the day i think one more of the rekluse plates may need to be installed. find out soon...

My buddy had to add another drive plate on his 450 after the first ride. On my 426 I have not had to do anything after initial break in.

My son and I were out at a track for practice day yesterday and I took some laps on his RM125...going from a big bore thumper with the Rekluse to a 125 pinger was some serious culture shock!

Actually, the clutch feathering was still second nature to me, what got me was brake sliding into corners...for the first lap I kept forgetting to pull in the clutch and was stalling the bike.

• Novi2kRT

Posted December 18, 2006 - 11:41 PM

ARGH!!! I think I might know what my next tweak might be!!!!

Torqueme.. sorry about not replying earlier, been busy, and.. well.. forgot about this thread! :thumbsup: :devil:

Anyway, I am in Pearl City, ride mostly Kahuku, but really want to get into Halemanu area, Palamauka, and enter from Pearl City industrial park to find my way upto Palamauka, then drop down on Drum Road and head down the cane roads to Waialua to my parents house. More than likely will park a truck there to transport home! LOL Return trip would kill me, hell.. the one way trip may get rescue squads called out! hehehe

Drew778 just got me into my first motocross race, I suck.. big time! hehehe.. I was proud I got second to last on the first moto, though ALMOST got 3rd to last on the 2nd moto! hehehe.. after a dirt nap and stall.. welp that slipped away. I am lots more comfortable in woods and trails then I am on a track or race scenario. Not really into the whole balls to the wall hope you don't die thing. Work in the morning is way to important. hehe

PM me sometime and we can try to meet up if you want. Swap 426 stories! hehe

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.