Post shoulder surgery pain after 4 weeks.

3 replies to this topic
  • surfdog

Posted November 22, 2006 - 07:28 PM

Dr Mark.

I had arthoscopic shoulder surgery 4 weeks ago originally to repair torn rotator cuff and bone spur removal. Once in surgery it was determined that I had an incomplete tear, so no cuff repair was needed just cleanup to remove bone spurs causing impingment. I'm doing some stretching excercises and using the theraband excercises. I'm also doing normal living stuff, laundry, drive, little things around the house. Also felt well enough to mow the lawn 4 days a go.

My concern is that I'm still experiencing pretty moderate shoulder pain, i went back to work this past Monday, and right now I'm pretty limited to office work. After my third day at work today I was pretty much done by mid day, lots of shoulder pain and feeling pretty uncomfortable and miserable. Although I must say that a bout 20 minutes with a heating pad and laying on the couch resting for three hours I'm feeling better.

Is this type of pain normal after 4 weeks? How long might this continue?

Am I over doing activity?

Thanks ,
Glenn

• DrMark

Posted November 22, 2006 - 08:19 PM

Its hard to figure out why. At this point I would continue on the exercise and stay the course. Its too early to pull the fire alarm.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • surfdog

Posted November 22, 2006 - 08:32 PM

Its hard to figure out why. At this point I would continue on the exercise and stay the course. Its too early to pull the fire alarm.

Thanks for the reply DR mark, I'll update you on my progress in a couple weeks.

• creeky

Posted November 23, 2006 - 05:55 AM

I had similar surgery in '96. The answer is to stay with the therapy and have patience. It took me almost a year to get to the point of no pain and good mobility and strength in the shoulder. I still do the rehab therapy routine 2-3 times a week and have had no further problems.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

What to do as a workout for Harescramble racer? by Fade

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  63 replies
Forums
Photo

Stuck WFO by DirtRider500R

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   Dirt Bike Pictures & Video
  • Hot  53 replies
Forums
Photo

Slam Dunk by dturk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF250 L/M
  • Hot  41 replies
Wiki
No More Blistered Hands! - last post by mxwink509

No More Blistered Hands!

Wiki Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Mx training besides running by Ride_blue82

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   MX Riding Technique
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.