the wr computer

10 replies to this topic
  • fss

Posted November 22, 2006 - 05:48 PM

I might be getting a new bike soon. ( just need to get the idea past the wife first.)
been checking out brand new left over crf 450x and absolutly love them.
but the wr 450f has that kick ass computer.
both real nice bikes
for those who have wr"s with the enduro computor , how do you like them?

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted November 23, 2006 - 01:01 AM

The computer is cool. But you can get a trailtech for less than $100 these days and have even more functionality. My stock computer is sitting on the floor in the corner of my garage and I now use a trailtech.

DO NOT be influenced to buy a wr because of the computer. Consider the WR because the motor screams, its super reliable and there is phenominal aftermarket support for it.

But you

• baha

Posted November 23, 2006 - 06:39 AM

I was able to program my 17 inch wheels into it.
That said I would not buy a bike based on the computer and still got the WR.

• Ramcc4x4

Posted November 23, 2006 - 08:26 AM

i like the stock computer. I had a Trailtech Endurance on my Xr650R and didn't like having to puch a button to have it back lit for a few seconds and the speed registered fairly slow.

• MountainMax

Posted November 23, 2006 - 02:33 PM

I liked the 06 stock computer however i wanted a tach, so I have upgraded to a vapor, (almost 200 bux shipped to canada) so Im selling my stock computer and drive........

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Beejay

Posted November 23, 2006 - 06:17 PM

The WR has much more going for it than the computer, although I like the race mode setting.

• SID013

Posted November 23, 2006 - 11:32 PM

I liked the 06 stock computer however i wanted a tach, so I have upgraded to a vapor, (almost 200 bux shipped to canada) so Im selling my stock computer and drive........

Hi Max, How is the Vapour on the WR? does it give you more functionality than the stock one? I know I gave it rave reviews but that was on my mates Polaris Quad so it would be great to hear a report of one on a WR.

Cheers

• MountainMax

Posted November 24, 2006 - 03:29 AM

will let you know next summer, we are on snowmobiles here now :worthy:

• eissinger4

Posted November 24, 2006 - 04:43 AM

The computer is nice, but everyone is right; Don't let that influence your decision. I know two people who have 05 CRF450's, and they are nice, but not very reliable. I have an 06 WR450, and two buddies have 05's, and none of us have EVER had a problem with them. They are AWESOME!!! A little heavier than the CRF's, but you can't really tell when you're on a trail. Hope this helps--:worthy:

• Brent McCabe

Posted November 24, 2006 - 07:15 AM

i like the stock computer. I had a Trailtech Endurance on my Xr650R and didn't like having to puch a button to have it back lit for a few seconds and the speed registered fairly slow.

Agreed! I put one my TTR250 (before my WR450) and it continually was changing speed read-out from say 5mph to 45mph without a change in my actual speed. I ride in the dark alot and the light only working for a few seconds did suck.

• johnnyjeep

Posted November 24, 2006 - 08:09 AM

After I did all of my searches, window shopping etc., I went with the WR over the honda, very happy, glad i did. That said, my decision over new/used was decided by the "trick" new computer. It is nice and if you can read/understand the 8 pages in the manual to use it for more than a speedo/odometer, but for about $100. the vapor seems to be better.
It is an excelent bike. It stands alone without the puter.

John in Vegas

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.