650R Pilot Adjustment Screw

3 replies to this topic
  • motopsycho650

Posted November 22, 2006 - 10:16 AM

Does anyone know where I can get a thumb adjustment fuel mixture screw for my '03 650R? My buddy got one for his WR450, and I think it would be cool, being I have to adjust my carb more often for elevation.

P.S. I finally got around to cutting out my left side panel. I did the whole screen & rivets myself. HOLY SH*T!!! People said it made a difference, but that is scary power now. I can't believe how much power you can gain on this bike with very little $$.

• eastreich

Posted November 22, 2006 - 12:38 PM

The fuel mixture screws only work on the FCR carbs. They make them since the screw is under the carb and recessed in. Your stock XR carb has an easily accessible air screw on the side. No one makes a replacement for this since it is so easy to get to.

The circuits between the two carbs act differently. In the XR carb, you can tune the amount air going through the circuit. The fuel amount is fixed. On the FCR carb, the air flow is fixed and you adjust the fuel. It is a six of one, half a dozen of the other situation, but in a nut shell, if the adjustment is on the side of the carb (PE, PWK, etc...) it is an air screw. If it is on the bottom (underneath everything) as on an FCR, it is a fuel screw.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • vaughn

Posted November 22, 2006 - 07:25 PM

It is a fuel screw. Kouba (same people that do the Kouba link) makes a T-handle replacement screw for about $20.

http://koubalink.com/fuelscrew.html

• motopsycho650

Posted November 23, 2006 - 05:10 AM

The fuel mixture screws only work on the FCR carbs. They make them since the screw is under the carb and recessed in. Your stock XR carb has an easily accessible air screw on the side. No one makes a replacement for this since it is so easy to get to.

No dude, you're wrong. It is a fuel screw. It's just a older design, not a new flat slide, pumper carb design.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.