07 Jetting questions

2 replies to this topic
  • never59

Posted November 22, 2006 - 10:05 AM

Just picked up my 07 yesterday!:cheers:
The guy who so called setup my bike obvioulsy did nothing with my jetting. I asked him what he jetted the bike at and he said they do not jet bikes, they are good to go out of the crate at 500 feet above sea level. Since i got such a good deal on the bike i did not question his response I loaded the bike and started the road trip back. Got home late last night so i am not even sure what the stock jetting is? I can find that no problem. Anyone suggestions for jetting at 5500 feet above sea level. Bone stock for now. I weigh 200 pounds

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DesertRacer2

Posted November 22, 2006 - 10:09 AM

I know a lot of people on this forum, including myself, have gone with a 48 pilot and a 170 main. I think you are at a higher elevation then most. On this forum there is a very informative Jetting Guide for YZ450F's.

• grayracer513

Posted November 22, 2006 - 12:14 PM

The truth is that it's probably quite lean at sea level, and it may be totally fine at 5500 feet.

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.