xr500 big bore sleeve

4 replies to this topic
  • 450 vet

Posted November 22, 2006 - 06:26 AM

Well i figured i would post this here since there is no xr/xl 500 section.Anybody know if the big bore sleeve(95mm 567cc) requires case maching?I asked the company that sells them and of course they had no idea.I would like to get it if its not gonna be too big of a hassle,if not i'll just get the 2mm overbore(91mm kit) piston in 12 to 1 comp.Im looking for max performance for this ol'skoot.thanx

• SniperTeamBravo

Posted November 22, 2006 - 09:51 AM

Well i figured i would post this here since there is no xr/xl 500 section.Anybody know if the big bore sleeve(95mm 567cc) requires case maching?I asked the company that sells them and of course they had no idea.I would like to get it if its not gonna be too big of a hassle,if not i'll just get the 2mm overbore(91mm kit) piston in 12 to 1 comp.Im looking for max performance for this ol'skoot.thanx

I don't know but look around where you live and call a few race shops and ask if they can press in a new sleeve and go for the bigger bore. It's pretty cheap.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 450 vet

Posted November 22, 2006 - 10:04 AM

Yeah i know i can get a bigger sleeve,i just dont want to machine my cases to do so.

• SniperTeamBravo

Posted November 22, 2006 - 10:39 AM

Yeah i know i can get a bigger sleeve,i just dont want to machine my cases to do so.

Yeah, I didn't think about that. You can ask the sleve maker what the outside dia is on the sleve and measure the cases..

• BRPXL600R

Posted November 22, 2006 - 11:29 AM

Sent you PM!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.