free mods

1 reply to this topic
  • pesh

Posted December 25, 2001 - 12:51 AM

can anyone tell me what mods i can do to get this thing cracking without spending a big heap of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ i have taken the restricter out of the exhaust the top of the air box are there any other things i can do without spending to much any help would be appreciated

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MN_Kevin

Posted December 25, 2001 - 03:31 AM

1 - Cut the grey wire,

2 - shorten your throttle stop,

3 - do the BK mod

4 - Take a long hard look (use search) at the PROVEN jet specs for your bike, w/ the BK mod. The unearthed potential w/ proper jetting is phenominal!!! One topic is 150+ reply's, USE this one.

5 - YZ timing optional

6 - Remove your air cut valve (Octopus), and RE-JET accordingly. Buy a Kouba T-Handle for your Pilot Screw, i.e. FUEL SCREW (Often MIS-labeled as Air screw).

I may have a few extra Kouba's... :) (search: "kouba")

7 - gear your bike down (one tooth on the countershaft or two teeth on the rear). This mod works excellent w/ the YZ timing

8 - check out the other forums (YZF250 & YZF426). There is much to learn from our fellow counterparts!!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.