IMS Seat more comfy than stock

10 replies to this topic
  • sjonnie

Posted January 15, 2001 - 10:57 PM

I was wondering if the ims buddyseat for the wr (to use with the yz tank) is taller or more comfortable than the stock yz seat?
Thanks for replying
Sjonnie
the Netherland

• Bill

Posted January 15, 2001 - 12:45 PM

I did this swap for my WR and the seat is narrower, so it's easier to touch the ground. I havn't noticed a big difference in comfort though.

You won't beleive the difference in how the bike will turn....enjoy.

Bill

------------------
86TT225, 99WR, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank and IMS seat. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA.

• BruceWA

Posted January 15, 2001 - 02:45 PM

Biil,
Is the seat height any higher than for the WR seat? Being somewhat vertically impaired, this is of concern to me.

• MN_Kevin

Posted January 15, 2001 - 03:42 PM

The seat may be the same height but Bill is very correct. The narrower seat WILL give you the feeling the bike is lower. You won't be so Bull-legged

------------------
'99 WZ with all YZ mods, FMF PowerBomb header, Stroker SX-1 silencer, SS front brake line, forked over by Pro-Action, OEM YZ tank and IMS seat.

• Bill

Posted January 16, 2001 - 03:08 AM

As per Kevins reply........ I feel more comfortable touching the ground now. Not a huge difference, but noticable.

Bill

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MN_Kevin

Posted January 16, 2001 - 07:11 AM

Less horizontal leg position EQUATES to MORE vertical leg, i.e. the seal IS INDEED lower!!

• BruceWA

Posted January 16, 2001 - 07:32 AM

Kevin & Bill,
Thanks for the info. Last November I order the IMS YZ seat/tank combo, but UPS failed to deliver. Have seen alot of posts on the seat tank issue. My question now is deciding whether to buy the IMS or Clarke tank. Have had some trouble in the past with IMS, so I'm not to inclined to make a purchase from them (even though I did in November). They failed to stand behind a product and I was left with a bad part and no recourse. Have noticed several posts on the mounting and pet cocks for the tanks. I had a Clarke tank for a CR250 some time ago, and was pleased with it. My son still has his, on a 86 CR250. So I know it's durable.

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted January 16, 2001 - 07:34 AM

You know what, I too am short at 5'8 and the YZ seat helps out a great deal not just because the seat is thinner but because it has more of a contour to it. But the stock WR seat is way better for long rides, Good luck! Dan

• Tim_in_WA

Posted January 16, 2001 - 02:30 PM

Rockster,
Haven't you been taking your calcium supplements? I hear they help ward off bone shrinkage (i.e. height loss) that comes with old age!!!

PS: AARP is the American Association for Retired Persons!

• BruceWA

Posted January 16, 2001 - 03:07 PM

Oh No, he's back, (Tim in WA). Isn't it time for you to crawl back into your hole and install the bike carrier on that Ford? hehe.
Up for a ride in Shelton this spring? I'll make the arrangements when you are ready.

• Bill

Posted January 17, 2001 - 03:07 AM

WRRock,

I use the stock YZ tank so I cannot tell you about the Clark or IMS. It seems to me I've also heard of some others mentioned here at TT?

Bill

------------------
86TT225, 99WR, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank and IMS seat. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.