Just got a WR426 today!

5 replies to this topic
  • baja4lif3

Posted November 21, 2006 - 06:45 PM

Damn that thing is fast. It has a trail tech computer thing, free mods done, and is pretty much stock. I am making a christmas list and i just want to know what would be the best modifications to do to it? IM TAKING IT TO THE DUNES TOMMORROW WOOHOO!!! :cheers:

• TuningFork426

Posted November 21, 2006 - 07:57 PM

power now valve, gave mine nasty low end

• byggd

Posted November 22, 2006 - 04:50 AM

It depends on what type of riding you plan on doing. About half on my riding is tight stuff so I added a Scott's steering stab and a Rekluse.......oh and don't forget about a bash plate. Another cool mod is the auto decompress ex. cam, you won't regret it :cheers:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ISBB

Posted November 22, 2006 - 08:06 PM

baja4lif3 i have been riding mine w/ the free mods since i bought it brand new.. only things i have done are cosmetic.. Yz Fender ditch the number plate and loose the overflow bottle.. Other than that this thing is bitchen for the sand.. Ohh ya.. a Ribbed front tire and Kings turbo paddle for the rear and you will be golden. :cheers:

• JRAMBO

Posted November 22, 2006 - 08:42 PM

Congrats on the WR

• imj75

Posted November 24, 2006 - 02:19 AM

Congrats on the WR.

I also have a 02 WR426, with free mods and GYTR pipe. Runs leaner and hotter and needed a more rich mixture.

I would not bother with a steering damper, as I have gone full on in 5th on rough gravel roads and never a sign of headshake. It just adds weight IMHO.

Change your oil ever 250km - 400km dependant on temp and riding style. If the oil gets dark, change.

I used to foul plugs, and need 30 kicks to start until I REALLY took note of the starting procedure.

Down to 2-3 kicks after standing for a few weeks, or 1 when hot.

Love mine!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.