06 crf450r or 06 yz450f?

I am currently trying to sell my xr650r because i want to start to track ride more often. i ride mostly desert but i want to ride tracks more.

i was wondering if any one had an opinion where i should get a crf450 or a yz450f and i know that the crf performs better but i am afriad of the maintanance and the yz450f is a better engine for less maintanance. any opinions

I had problems with my old crf, that is the reason I got a new bike. I picked up the 06 yzf450 because it had rave reviews from everybody, espesially when it came to the handeling. With a little tweaking this bike rips, even though it is super smoth. With the honda you compramize power for confert. You might have also noticed that in 07, Honda created a smother power delivery because they realized yamaha had done something great. I'm not brand loyal at all, infact I rode my hondas for years while all my friends rode yamahas, the simple fact is that the yzf is a superier bike right now.

One last thing, I saw you posted this in the crf forum, and one guy said the yamaha felt small to him... I'm 6-3 190lbs and the bike feels great to me, all I did was slap on a pair of pro taper windham bend bars. So when it comes down to it, get the bike that feels the best to you, because if your not confertable, then you will not progress with your riding abilities like you would if you were confertable. :cheers:

I am currently trying to sell my xr650r because i want to start to track ride more often. i ride mostly desert but i want to ride tracks more.

i was wondering if any one had an opinion where i should get a crf450 or a yz450f and i know that the crf performs better but i am afriad of the maintanance and the yz450f is a better engine for less maintanance. any opinions

I just came off of a Honda450.....the Yamaha is hands down a better bike from handling, cornering, jumping, power delivery, suspension to craftsmanship. This is from a dude that thought it couldn't get any better than Honda.

Since your coming off of an XR, either bike will feel like a vast improvement....but might as well go with the best fright from the get go.:cheers:

Sharky

I owned both the 06 CRF450 and 06 YZ450F. Very different settings on each bike. The CRF450 kind of hit a little harder down low, the suspension was stiffer (the forks felt a little stiff on braking bumps otherwise good while the rear was harsh under accelleration otherwise ok). The YZ450F has as much power as CRF just was smoother especially down low. The YZ450F engine feels like a 250F with 50HP - very easy and less tiring to ride. The Kayaba suspension on the YZ450F is excellent. The forks are very plush yet have great bottoming resistance and the rear is plush and hooked up. The YZ carries the weight lower and felt lighter to me. Also the YZ is a little slimmer. The YZ has a little heavier steering feel and it did push a little until I put a 756 up front and slid the forks up 5mm (also I found the overall balance was best with 98mm sag). Overall I felt the YZ had smoother power and much better suspension for me. I also installed 5mm spacers under the stock handlebar clamps and the ergos were good (I am 6'2" tall and weigh 185lbs).