2007 WR450 Performance Mods

314 replies to this topic
  • WR450_Mike

Posted December 21, 2006 - 04:46 PM

Hi,

Do you have the Torque curve as well ????

I did not get a torque curve, however, if your way smarter then me and can do a little math, you could figure out the torque. To much effort for my old mind though.

• Andy Robb

Posted December 22, 2006 - 01:52 AM

I,ve just got my 07 WR 450 .

Where can I get the Performance Mod Kit in the UK or where can I get it posted from in the USA.

This is the first time I have used this site. I think all this pooled info is great.

Thanks Guys

Andy

• Andy Robb

Posted December 22, 2006 - 01:54 AM

I,m Looking for the 07 Performance Mod Kit for the WR450

Where can I get it in the UK or where can I get it posted in the USA.

Andy

• beton6

Posted December 22, 2006 - 10:10 AM

I know this is not fully performance question but, how do you adjust the sag, do you have to take apart the subframe for it? Its kind of tight to get there.

• WGP

Posted December 22, 2006 - 10:20 AM

You adjust the sag by turning your rear shock adjustment ring....
1st...you need the right spring for your wieght, then adjust.

Do a search.....tons of info

• beton6

Posted December 22, 2006 - 10:23 AM

You adjust the sag by turning your rear shock adjustment ring....
1st...you need the right spring for your wieght, then adjust.

Do a search.....tons of info

I think I didnt expres correctly. I know how to do it, but my question is how do you reach the adjustment rings with the frame beeing all over the shock?

• maracas

Posted December 22, 2006 - 10:33 AM

It was that carton of a cold beers?
jajaj

• WGP

Posted December 22, 2006 - 11:15 AM

I think I didnt expres correctly. I know how to do it, but my question is how do you reach the adjustment rings with the frame beeing all over the shock?

I use a long flatblade(with a thick tip) screwdriver and a hammer.....it works, really..

• SXP

Posted December 24, 2006 - 12:06 AM

However, the Q4 still had the spark arrester installed as well. Which I promptly removed. Don't tell anybody.

Don't get caught in our local forests without it 'cause you will pay dearly:thumbsdn:

• ffgman

Posted December 24, 2006 - 12:40 AM

To wr mike, removing the spark arrestor in a Q4 will give you no performance gain because it is a screen type spark arrestor, unlike the original Q, and Q2. So do yourself a favor and put it back in because it is a fat ticket if you ever get caught and there is no advantage to it. Just a thought from a fellow dirt biker.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DEZZNUTJOB

Posted December 24, 2006 - 07:29 AM

Nice, but your forgetting to add the rivet shavings from the pee shooter to your total tonnage.

• DEZZNUTJOB

Posted December 24, 2006 - 08:20 AM

Buy an 03 factory switch boy.

• cvor259

Posted December 24, 2006 - 09:07 AM

I just got my 2007 WR450F...I've done all the other mods and free mods...On the AIS pipe you took off. How does the plug or AIS #1, #2 and #7 fit into the exhaust port??? Pic better instructions. Thanks CV

• msgbean

Posted December 24, 2006 - 09:24 AM

I just got my 2007 WR450F...I've done all the other mods and free mods...On the AIS pipe you took off. How does the plug or AIS #1, #2 and #7 fit into the exhaust port??? Pic better instructions. Thanks CV

If you have an 06 AIS kit the plug for the exhaust port wont fit. You will have to fabricate a plate or wait for an 07 kit.

Posted Image

• cvor259

Posted December 24, 2006 - 12:38 PM

Thanks for the quick responce and 8X10 photo...I just found a pc of metal and will be making a custom plate. Thanks for all the help...CV

• dafyddroberts

Posted December 24, 2006 - 03:05 PM

No offence to anyone but has anybody ridden the thing. Ive had mine for a week now just done the basic mods.
But im haveing a nightmare with the suspension. It will climb anywere and i would say eat any other bike out there but the suspension is like riding a plank of wood i have set the sag and adjusted it every possible way but can get a plush ride. Anyone else haveing problems.

Regards dafydd uk

• WR 911

Posted December 24, 2006 - 04:00 PM

Had mine for about 3 weeks and the steed rips (w/mods). I hit a 1 foot deep hole at about 50 mph and absorbed it like it was nothing. :thumbsup: :devil: :smirk: Stock settings with two turns on the rear preload.

• msgbean

Posted December 24, 2006 - 04:09 PM

I have about 80 miles on mine and I think the suspension is spot on for me. What do you weigh?

• WR 911

Posted December 25, 2006 - 07:03 AM

210 lbs. :thumbsup:

• dafyddroberts

Posted December 25, 2006 - 10:01 AM

80 kg with the way it is now if a hit a pot hole at 30mph id be going one way and the bike would be going another

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.