Ok, I've read through a ton of posts after
I've made my 07 WR run like a raped ape.
I listened to my buddy that used to work for TMR, then White Bros, and now he works for Bubba's kawi team. I know, I called him a trator too. HA HA. Gota do what you gota do though.
Enough BS. This is what I did to my WR. Keep in mind I jumped from a CRF450 to a WR450 in September of 2007. I got a little over 1,900 miles on it so far and I love that push button start.
1. Install YZ Throttle stop screw. $15
2. Remove gray wire from connector
3. Made my own AIS block off plate from stainless steal stock. $0
4. White Bro's XCR slip on muffler. It's legal @ 96db with spark arrestor. $200 plus some beer my cost. Would have cost me $300 for average joe.
5. Wire tie fuel pump linkage. $0
6. Rejet with a 145 main and 48 pilot. No snap throttle bog
what so ever. (4500-12,000 ft.) $15
7. Re-route crankcase breather to match the 07 YZ. (Buy new hose!) $25
8. Install six 1" airbox breathers. I also cut the stock rubber boot inside the airbox out. Removing it completely only allows more sagebrush crap in.
1. Scott's stabilizer
because the WR needs it. Never needed it on CRF. $450
gas tank. $200 - Yes, you have to buy YZ shrouds.
Pro bend handguards. $140
All in all, you don't have to spend a lot of money to make the 07 WR run like a YZ. A lot of people say to lean the bikes out but in reality, they need to be richer. These bikes love the fuel.
I changed the crankcase breather because the airbox was creating a vacuum and sucking engine oil into it do to extended periods of 3rd & 4th gear pinned whooped single track. I no longer have the airbox lubricating my chain. Matter of fact, I don't lose any oil via the breather anymore.
Hope this helps some of you throttle junkies.