2007 WR450 Performance Mods

314 replies to this topic
  • msgbean

Posted June 11, 2007 - 05:48 AM

hi , i did this to my new wr450 today as you have shown. i cant see how this will help,all it eliminates is a small little pipe that is hollow and dont restrict flow. there must be more to take out right ? bob

That piece might me hollow but it still reduces the size of the hole by about half. You can increase the flow further by removing the stinger all together.

• WR_Dave

Posted June 11, 2007 - 09:18 AM

Use this if you want to decide how far to go when modifiying your muffler.

http://www.thumperta... saves big $$$$

WR Dave.

• PROWLER 58

Posted June 11, 2007 - 04:28 PM

Use this if you want to decide how far to go when modifiying your muffler.

http://www.thumperta... saves big $$$$

WR Dave.

thanks dave, thats a lot of info there.

• hodge

Posted July 14, 2007 - 03:29 PM

hello . I just bought my wr450f in june. I live canada and the dealer has taken out the throttle stop. I want to now remove the first two baffles from the muffler and the grey wire but the service guy had said this would reduce the reliability of the bike. should i be concerned about this and if do this do i need to rejet the carb? sorry about the newbe question.

• Resquedude

Posted July 21, 2007 - 07:38 PM

just purchased a 2007 wr450. Installing the following: FMF Q4; JD jet kit; AIS removal kit; throttle stop from YZ450F. Wanting to do other mods as suggested but am unsure of the Grey wire vs blue wire data on this site. Can someone steer me in the right direction. Have read everything but the faq page on grey wire looks to be a 2006 or older (blue frame in photo)? Help!!

• KennyMc

Posted July 21, 2007 - 11:20 PM

It's the grey wire on the 07 and it is in the 6 plug harness behind the left side number plate.:ride:

• mbelperio

Posted July 22, 2007 - 05:49 AM

P{lease inform me ....what is and AIS?

Why do I want to remove it?

• KennyMc

Posted July 22, 2007 - 05:02 PM

It is the Air Induction System that recirculates exhaust gases to "help reduce emissions". There are varying opinions if it has any performas "gains". What it does do is stop the deceleration backfire if you rejet the bike. It looks cleaner and you get rid of some weight but that is just secondary.

• JaysDirtyRide

Posted July 23, 2007 - 05:28 AM

According to everything I have researched...removing the AIS does nothing to improve engine performance. If you leave it in place you will experience "popping" on decelleration...not really a bad thing...just an annoying one for some folks...including me.

I don't know about the "clean air" laws in Ontario...but in places like California the clean air police are heavy-handed and they will bust you for removing the AIS.

My opinion...if your location does not require this device, remove it and clean up the front of the engine, save a little weight.

-Jay

• Sycamore

Posted August 17, 2007 - 09:09 AM

Yes that is the AIS.

What's the trick getting to the allen bolt? Got the one out but can't get to the other one.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • LVThumper

Posted August 20, 2007 - 10:43 AM

Has anyone put a larger bore kit on their 07 WR450? I want one, but since I am 6'5" and in pretty good shape at 250lbs, I need extra grunt as I am slightly larger than average. :thumbsup: I have been looking at Athena, but I am not sure how the engine mapping will work. I read in Dirt Rider (I think) how they took 2 WR's and 1 YZ and prepped them at different stages for some West Coast races. What they did with the YZ was right up my alley, but I love to do night races, and the magic button are very attractive as well. I race 35+ AM in the LV area, and I need to update from my YZ 426.

Thanks,

:ride:

• Sycamore

Posted August 20, 2007 - 01:58 PM

What's the trick getting to the allen bolt? Got the one out but can't get to the other one.

Got it. You need to remove the radiator hose loosen hose and remove and coolant tube moves out of the way. Done deal.

• spanky454

Posted September 06, 2007 - 03:05 PM

If some one could load some pictures of the pea shooter removal on the 07 WR 450. I'm new to this and just dont want to screw any thing up. have done the air box and waiting to get the TT ais kit in. Thanks

• msgbean

Posted September 07, 2007 - 07:44 AM

It is on page 2 of this thread.

http://www.thumperta...t=439173&page=2

• nzcvlh

Posted September 21, 2007 - 11:43 AM

I have not been able to locate the part number for the 2007 yz250f throttle stop. Can anyone verify number? Thanks Dave.

• fLUNX

Posted September 25, 2007 - 06:43 AM

Hi to you all,
does anyone fitted a FMF "MEGABOMB" header and dyno-it? (I would like a experience more real than... "it feel that I have more power"...

I have already, all free mods (wire, airbox, jetting, twinair filter, throtle stop, AIS, etc...) and FMF Ti powercore...

Now I would to buy an new header like FMF MEGABOMB, but I don t want to spend money in wrong way or high cost low gain.

and by the way.. does someone change the WR inlet or oulet or both cams to YZ 07 ones? (reviews)

or for a specific "high performance" cam.. like Hotcam.. or similar.

thanks and regards.

fLAVIO :thumbsup:

• Bleeds_Blue

Posted September 26, 2007 - 08:50 PM

Has anyone removed their tail light from 2007-08 and be interested in selling it? Let me know, thanks.

• JSanfilippo

Posted September 26, 2007 - 09:15 PM

I have not been able to locate the part number for the 2007 yz250f throttle stop. Can anyone verify number? Thanks Dave.

just cut the stocker down to 23.5mm in total length

• lvcta21

Posted October 04, 2007 - 07:46 PM

Following all the mods, is anyone STILL experiencing the stumble/hesitation just off idle when launching this machine? I've researched other threads, & a few guys have disconnected the black/blue/&yellow TPS connector below the left side fuel tank which apparently fixes the low end accelleration stumble???

• JSanfilippo

Posted October 04, 2007 - 08:43 PM

Following all the mods, is anyone STILL experiencing the stumble/hesitation just off idle when launching this machine? I've researched other threads, & a few guys have disconnected the black/blue/&yellow TPS connector below the left side fuel tank which apparently fixes the low end accelleration stumble???

For more info, search "o-ring" mod.
Basically what you do is get an o-ring (or safety wire) and slip it over the accelerator pump arm. What it does is make the initial throttle "tip in" (using a term from car mags describing throttle response) instant. Some complain its too jumpy off idle, I think its perfect :confused:

Cured my bog :confused:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.