2007 WR450 Performance Mods

314 replies to this topic
  • Rick_R

Posted March 02, 2007 - 02:52 PM

I got it, I'm just wondering if it's a little on the rich side. I was thinking more like a #168 main and a #48 pilot but I think the needle jet might be on the lean side from another thread I was looking at.

Rick

• clark4131

Posted March 02, 2007 - 04:47 PM

Personally, I'd shitcan the kit needle and get the JD kit along with everything else...SC

• snowman394

Posted March 03, 2007 - 09:44 AM

mine came from the dealer with the exhaust baffle, gray wire disconnected, airbox "binoculars", ais all removed. it was a surprised to me. i havent got around to checking if if the throttle stop or jets were changed i hope they were. is this normal practice at dealers or what?

• Rick_R

Posted March 05, 2007 - 09:56 AM

Well, I finished all the mods last night, replaced all the jets and the throttle stop that came in the GYTR 07 AIS kit. Took off the pea shooter, the snorkle and used the block off plate supplied in the kit for the AIS. Set the fuel screw at between 1 3/4 to 2 turns out. Pulled out the grey wire (did not cut it).

The bike fired right up, idled perfect, revved it up a few times, came right back down to idle. Haven't had a chance to ride it yet, but the way it sounded last night this baby is going to rip!

I also got the Scotts steering stabilizer post installed (for the 07 YZ450F). Ordered the Fastway barclamp/brushgaurd combo that the stabilizer will bolt onto along with the ProMoto Billet baffle.

• dlt333

Posted March 24, 2007 - 02:59 PM

I just picked up my '07 WR 450 and I had the shop perform the mods - Yamaha does now have the kit available for the '07 - part # GYT5TJ936901 - it cost me about $40 for parts and $97 to have installed and it saved me probably 5 hours of messing with it. Well worth it. The bike runs great and I can't wait to get it into the woods and really try it out!:applause:

• jerwr450mtr

Posted March 24, 2007 - 06:03 PM

My new 07 450 will out run the YZ. My mods include ais removal, grey wire seperated, air snorkel removed, fmf header, fmf exhaust. twin-air powerflow kit, custom rejetting, and of course a graphics kit from Zip-Ty racing.

• SurvivorMan

Posted March 25, 2007 - 06:45 PM

yes, in 5th it definately will. has anyone raced a WR yet? anyone raced both the YZ and the new WR? I am really having a hrd time committing to the WR for racing as well as single track riding. It's the heavy trailbike feel i am afraid of. i know i would have to stiffen the suspension, but i am so used to my light feeling 06 YZ 450. i sold it now though and really like the idea of the e-start and everything else.

• Flytmech

Posted March 26, 2007 - 07:14 PM

I love my 07 WR450F, its so awesome not having to try and kick that motor over everytime we wanna stop and chat while on a ride. I have only done the GYTR exhaust insert and the blue wire removal. The bike definately had an improvement without the peashooter in the pipe. I ride really tight trails on mine and have had no problems with anything having to do with factory setup. Why fix it if it aint broke.
I do have my YZ throttle stop now and will be doing that mod soon, Im ready for boost in power.
I cant wait till my nobs wear out, urban CAMMO for me :bonk:
:naughty: :bonk: :D

• PAUL K EDMUNDS

Posted April 08, 2007 - 08:02 AM

Just purchased two 2007 WR450's Worked great in Baja with following adjustments: removed small tail pipe, adjusted fuel/air screw out from lean, removed snorkel on air box, replaced throttle stop, and that was it. Bikes ran perfect. We changed oil after first ride and replaced oil filter with Scott's steel unit. Also, will take off AIS. Yes, suspension if soft, but nice! NOTES: Check your air-filter plastic cage--early 2007 models have small hole in center that can suck in dirt. Replace at dealership or plug hole with silicone. LED rear tail light w/3rd wire can accomodate brake light function for converting to street legal.

• PAUL K EDMUNDS

Posted April 08, 2007 - 08:03 AM

Just purchased two 2007 WR450's Worked great in Baja with following adjustments: removed small tail pipe leaving spark arrestor, adjusted fuel/air screw out from lean, removed snorkel on air box, replaced throttle stop, and that was it. Bikes ran perfect. We changed oil after first ride and replaced oil filter with Scott's steel unit. Will take off AIS. Yes, suspension if soft, but nice! NOTES: Check your air-filter plastic cage--early 2007 models have small hole in center that can suck in dirt. Replace at dealership or plug hole with silicone. LED rear tail light w/3rd wire can accomodate brake light function for converting to street legal.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • fLUNX

Posted April 09, 2007 - 06:06 AM

My new 07 450 will out run the YZ. My mods include ais removal, grey wire seperated, air snorkel removed, fmf header, fmf exhaust. twin-air powerflow kit, custom rejetting, and of course a graphics kit from Zip-Ty racing.

Hi,
Could you give me your jetting specs?
I dont have the FMF header.. but the other mods.. ar the same.
I got the FMF Titanium Powercore.

I ride usually at 0 to 500m altitude (less then 1000ft for sure)

regards,

fLAVIO

• biri

Posted April 17, 2007 - 08:50 AM

I put an escape pro circuit t-4, and my motion was with one better reply in all the rotations. it was a good purchase.

• salasmauricio

Posted April 21, 2007 - 07:29 AM

I've been working on mine for three months now, so far:
AIS removed TT kit
JD Jetting KIT
Exhaust open
still waiting for PRO CIRCUIT T4 exhaust system
Works connection radiator cages
Free mods
Suspension done

Runnig perfect both MotoX and Enduro races

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This is the bike with a PRO CIRCUIT T-4 System, works great...

Posted Image

• PAUL K EDMUNDS

Posted May 21, 2007 - 09:19 PM

The part kit you are looking for is: Yamaha Technology-Racing AIS Removal Kit/YPAD Competition Kit #GYT-5TJ93-69-01, about 50 bucks. You should consider going down to perhaps a #168 main instead of the #175 that comes with the kit--it, the #175, is too rich. Also, I have noticed that others have used a #48 Pilot jet instead of the #50 that comes with the kit--#45 is stock.

• nickshull

Posted June 03, 2007 - 05:41 PM

were are the best deals in so.cal 4 the wr450 gotta have one/but there a little pricey

• KennyMc

Posted June 03, 2007 - 06:35 PM

Here is an ad from Traderonline....

Marina Del Rey, CA $6,199.00
2007 YAMAHA WR450F, wr450f wr450 wr 450f wr 450, OTD price includes all taxes, license, documentation and registration fees, and any applicable factory rebates. LA YAMAHA Please call (310) 306-7906 or toll free at (866) 835-2084 or visit www.otdcyclesports.com for complete inventory, apply online Secure Credit application. Vehicle subject to prior sale, pictures used for illustration purpose only… More Details & Photos Email Los Angeles Yamaha and Aprilia Visit My Online Showroom Special Internet Price (866) 835-2084
:thumbsup:

• yam314

Posted June 04, 2007 - 01:15 PM

Can the footpegs be lowered like I have done to my 04 WR to make it less cramped? I rode an 07 YZ this weekend, and it was very cramped feeling.
Also,are the cams on the new 07 wr's and YZ's different? The 07 YZ was smoother than my 04 WR with a YZ cam.

• PROWLER 58

Posted June 10, 2007 - 04:17 PM

To remove the small baffle from the muffler remove 6 allen screws and remove the end cap. Next drill out the two rivets holding the baffle in place (arrow). Use neddle nose pliers to pull it out.

Posted Image

hi , i did this to my new wr450 today as you have shown. i cant see how this will help,all it eliminates is a small little pipe that is hollow and dont restrict flow. there must be more to take out right ? bob

• PROWLER 58

Posted June 10, 2007 - 08:06 PM

The CDI is no longer on the frame so it is easy to remove the grey wire. It is located behind the left # plate. There are two blocks with 6 wires but only one has a grey wire. This block is located on the top (see arrow).

Posted Image

hey, did you just pull this grey wire out of the block ? if not, how did you dis connect ? thanks , bob

• KennyMc

Posted June 10, 2007 - 08:49 PM

Prowler,

Yea, you pull the grey wire out of the connector with a small flat screwdriver. After you disconnect it, wrap it back on itself and tape it up tight.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.