'02 YZ Stop Switch Wiring

4 replies to this topic
  • sime

Posted November 20, 2006 - 06:19 PM

Hi Guys,

I have a CDI unti from a YZ426F 02 model and a 00 model YZ426F and was wondering if they changed the plug for the stop switch on the 02 model? Has anyone got a picture of the plug? Also does anyone know how long the wiring is for the stop switch on the 02 and if it goes direct to the CDI as on the 00 model it goes into the loom then out again.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers :cheers:
sime

• PK

Posted November 20, 2006 - 11:01 PM

I would think they are similar. Go to a Yamaha microfiche and compare the part numbers of the 2 harnesses. Even if they are different, just cut and splice the stop switch wiring. You can't wire it backwards...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sime

Posted November 21, 2006 - 04:44 AM

I would think they are similar. Go to a Yamaha microfiche and compare the part numbers of the 2 harnesses. Even if they are different, just cut and splice the stop switch wiring. You can't wire it backwards...

Thanks for the idea i already checked out the microfiche and its a differant part number. Im not looking to hard wire or solder it on or change the plugs as I want it to be plug and play to simplify things.

If anyone with an 02 model could take a pic of the plug on the end of the stop switch where it goes into the cdi that would be grate i think its a white plug.

cheers
sime

• grayracer513

Posted November 21, 2006 - 08:39 AM

The harnesses will have different part numbers. Look instead at the part numbers for the kill button. That will likely be the same. As I recall, it's just a simple pair of bullet connectors, one opposite the other.

• sime

Posted November 21, 2006 - 06:12 PM

The harnesses will have different part numbers. Look instead at the part numbers for the kill button. That will likely be the same. As I recall, it's just a simple pair of bullet connectors, one opposite the other.

Hey gray thanks for the info. The stock '00 model harnes used the bullet type connectors but the '02 seens to use an oval shape white plug i think?

cheers
sime

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.