Scotts Stabilizer not working right?

2 replies to this topic
  • loufish

Posted November 20, 2006 - 04:36 PM

It seems lately my S/Steering/Stabilizer doesn't have much adjustment, you need to turn the low speed valving all the way up (clockwise) to get the damping need for say sand, but if you back off just a little bit the damping kind of disappers very quickly.

I don't race, and have had the oil changed twice before, any ideas?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jon-D

Posted November 20, 2006 - 05:44 PM

any leaks? perhaps air has entered the system. it is real easy to change the oil if it needs it.

I would be surprised if there were an internal failure of the system. I have had mine since ~97 and it works good (serviced twice since purchase, change my own oil often).

• loufish

Posted November 21, 2006 - 09:08 PM

Maybe some air, but I don't think so. When new, you could fell 2-3 clicks more low speed damping, now it takes a full turn and a half...I live in Burbank, so Scotts is just up the road a bit...

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.