WR Owners: Want to know improvements to the wr450 after 2003

2 replies to this topic
  • StarRaVenRiDeR

Posted November 20, 2006 - 11:06 AM

I'm looking to buy a good 450 which I can eventually convert to SM but I wanted to know what significant improvements they made to the wr450's after 2003. I am looking at getting an '03 I found but I believe that was the first year for the yami 450. I remember hearing that they had some issues with certain things but it's been too long. What problems did they have and what improvements would I be missing out on? Any input would be great.

(I have read what yamaha says they improved in '04 then '05 and done their model comparison on their website for the '07 vs. '03 but that stuff really doesn't say a whole lot. All I really see is the better kickstand and a constant mesh gearbox..)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tracetrimble

Posted November 20, 2006 - 11:11 AM

Welcome to TT. You'll get more help posting in the make/model specific forums. This thread will probably be moved there anyway.

• StarRaVenRiDeR

Posted November 20, 2006 - 11:17 AM

Oops, ok thanx. I'll probably move it now(repost). And thanx for the welcome!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.