RAD Hubs

2 replies to this topic
  • zx7rye

Posted November 20, 2006 - 05:29 AM

Does anyone have any experience/impressions of these?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • eastreich

Posted November 20, 2006 - 06:54 AM

I have not used them personally, but they are a very heavy hub. The "hex design" of the hub uses up a lot of extra metal.

Both the Excel hubs and the Talons are better units. I am getting a Talon for the rear of my 650R very soon. I've wasted my 2nd OEM rear hub this year and am upset with the OEM hub longevity. The Excel hubs give you the advantage of being able to change the carriers to fit other bikes, but the Talons are well known to be the "Gold" standard for which all other hubs are measured. You get what you pay for.

• Rockjockey

Posted November 20, 2006 - 12:45 PM

I've used them for 3 years now and love them. You can grease your wheelbearings without removing the wheels, and they are also modular in that you can change the sprocket/rotor carriers to fit other bikes. I had to change my front rotor carrier to fit the CRF rotor when I changed my front end to USD forks and it was inexpensive to do so.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Related Content

FCR40 Tuning Woes- XR600R by aTuWitty

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  37 replies

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.