RG3 Triple Clamps for 07

4 replies to this topic
  • YamieRider411

Posted November 20, 2006 - 05:18 AM

Would anyone recommend the RG3 Triple Clamps for the 07 450? I read that they really help with arm pump and vibration. In addition, RG3 recommends a 22mm off set? Is this better than stock on the 07?

• grayracer513

Posted November 20, 2006 - 06:58 AM

Personally, I wouldn't change the offset. The bike simply does not need that big a change to the steering geometry. The test group Applied Racing put together, which included Doug Dubach, liked 24mm the best, and that's barely different from the 25mm stock offset. My own experience with 22.5 on my '03 hasn't been 100% positive, and I like the way the '06 works jut the way it is.

The only vibration you should be getting is from the ground. The engine is extremely smooth.

My advice would be to change the top clamp IF you need to make use of the alternative bar positions available, or if you just have to blow some money on bling. Buy a Rekluse e-Axle if you feel compelled to play with the fork offset.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YZ250F_Rider

Posted November 20, 2006 - 04:34 PM

A cheap but effective way to stop vibrations in the bars is to use the moose bark busters. The metal ones without the gay plastic ears. they really stiffen up the bars so that any shock coming up from the ground is deadened. Plus you never have to replace levers again.

• TMAC25

Posted May 26, 2007 - 08:08 PM

I have RG3's on my 06 and they do absolutely nothing to help arm pump.

• Slinkyman16

Posted May 26, 2007 - 09:00 PM

the best way to get rid of arm pump is to work out and ride. but if you have to get a new triple camp then i would go with the 24mm like grey said. this bike responds really well to small changes.

Related Content

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.