Anyone want to trade cams?

6 replies to this topic
  • GreenKLX

Posted November 19, 2006 - 10:52 PM

I bought a barely used hot cams exhaust cam off ebay for a '03-'05 450. I was going to put it in my 426 to get the auto-decompression, but after reading all the posts about how nice the stock 450 cam is on the 426, I want to try that one.

So, anyone with a nice stock cam want a free upgrade? PM me if you want to trade, first come first served.:cheers:

• GreenKLX

Posted November 20, 2006 - 04:31 PM

Nobody?

• b-bike

Posted November 20, 2006 - 06:14 PM

I bought a barely used hot cams exhaust cam off ebay for a '03-'05 450. I was going to put it in my 426 to get the auto-decompression, but after reading all the posts about how nice the stock 450 cam is on the 426, I want to try that one.

So, anyone with a nice stock cam want a free upgrade? PM me if you want to trade, first come first served.:cheers:

I've got a perfect stock 01-YZ426 Exhaust cam I'll trade for that hot cam of yours.

Shoot me a p.m. and we'll chat.

Boyd

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • GreenKLX

Posted November 21, 2006 - 11:20 AM

I've got a perfect stock 01-YZ426 Exhaust cam I'll trade for that hot cam of yours.

Shoot me a p.m. and we'll chat.

Boyd

Does it have auto decompression?

I have a perfect stock 01 cam in my bike right now. I have a perfect Hot Cam with auto-decomp in a box right now. I want a perfect stock 450 cam instead of the hot cam. I have no idea how the 450 hot cam will perform in the 426. I don't want to intall it and have a messed up powerband.

• Indiana

Posted November 21, 2006 - 03:11 PM

I have an 03 and might be interested but I don't know what all of the implications are. If I can understand what will change I be willing to talk

• jbrooks26

Posted November 21, 2006 - 04:47 PM

I have an 03 and might be interested but I don't know what all of the implications are. If I can understand what will change I be willing to talk

If you have an 03 YZ then you will most likely not see much improvement going to the Hotcam without installing the Hotcam intake as well. They are meant to be installed as a set, and since you already have the auto decomp then you would be making a pretty even trade without much upside unless you plan to get the intake cam as well. Just my 2c on for you. Hope this helps.

Josh

• jbrooks26

Posted November 21, 2006 - 04:55 PM

Does it have auto decompression?

I have a perfect stock 01 cam in my bike right now. I have a perfect Hot Cam with auto-decomp in a box right now. I want a perfect stock 450 cam instead of the hot cam. I have no idea how the 450 hot cam will perform in the 426. I don't want to intall it and have a messed up powerband.

Your powerband will be fine if you can figure out the timing on the hotcam. The timing marks may not line up properly when putting the 03 Hotcam into an 02 or earlier head assembly. In order to get it timed properly you will have to use a degree wheel to time the new cam. Hope this helps.

Josh

Related Content

Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.